The Student Room Group

Queens nursing 2020

Anyone submited there application for 2020 nursing at qub ?

Scroll to see replies

Me!! Hoping to hear about interviews in the new year, fingers crossed x
I submitted my application last night
Reply 3
Here's to better luck this year for us won't be doing this a 4th time 🤭 unlucky we didn't get in of the reserve list
Hi Again everyone.
I submitted my application again just before Christmas. Hopefully we all have better luck this time around! :-)
Reply 5
Original post by Lolay2324
Hi Again everyone.
I submitted my application again just before Christmas. Hopefully we all have better luck this time around! :-)

Fingers crossed 🤞 let's hope these mmi stations are easier this time round frig sake
Original post by Shives18
Fingers crossed 🤞 let's hope these mmi stations are easier this time round frig sake

I would be happy if they were tailored to a wider age group. I felt last years were very much targeted to school leavers.
Reply 7
I would be happy if they were tailored to a wider age group. I felt last years were very much targeted to school leavers.

I felt the same, the normal interview is much better and fair I think
Is it okay if i ask how you guys found them difficult? obviously without revealing too much etc but was it the actual questions that were hard? x
Just submitted my application, wasn’t going to re apply for qub was just going to go through Open University but I’ve applied as a back up plan just incase! 3rd time lucky hopefully lol
Reply 10
Original post by Nursing_77
Just submitted my application, wasn’t going to re apply for qub was just going to go through Open University but I’ve applied as a back up plan just incase! 3rd time lucky hopefully lol

3rd and final time for me too, let's hope
This year is our year 👍🏻 X

I didn't have that impression, sorry. Everyone on my access course that applied for nursing or midwifery got an interview. And we are mature students. I got a place for adult nursing (first time applying) but didn't get the grade, I lost my father one day before exams and thought I could manage it. I guess I was wrong. But I'm happy where I'm now, I wanted to work on healthcare so I got a place in another uni for another course. Good luck to all of you.
Original post by Andremasil
I didn't have that impression, sorry. Everyone on my access course that applied for nursing or midwifery got an interview. And we are mature students. I got a place for adult nursing (first time applying) but didn't get the grade, I lost my father one day before exams and thought I could manage it. I guess I was wrong. But I'm happy where I'm now, I wanted to work on healthcare so I got a place in another uni for another course. Good luck to all of you.

It was just my opinion on the scenarios I was given during my interview. I still done quite well ranking 535. I just felt the scenarios were something I may have experienced if I was a teenager not an adult with a family.
I understand everyone will have had a difference experience.
It was just my opinion on the scenarios I was given during my interview. I still done quite well ranking 535. I just felt the scenarios were something I may have experienced if I was a teenager not an adult with a family.

Really? my scenarios were quite different than yours then. Interesting. Most of the scenarios I felt like I had been through it at some point in my life. Good luck this time. I hope you get it. fingers crossed.
Reply 14

I agree that some of the scenarios seemed to be more aimed at younger applicant. Hopefully this year the scenarios will be bit more suitable for a wider as age range
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Even if the stations where cut to maybe 3 mins a station I feel 5 mins on each is too long, you just keep repeating yourself to run the clock down.
Reply 16
Even if the stations where cut to maybe 3 mins a station I feel 5 mins on each is too long, you just keep repeating yourself to run the clock down.

I found that some of the people in the stations to be quite helpful, while others seemed to look right through you. Maybe it just luck of the draw
3rd and final time for me too, let's hope
This year is our year 👍🏻 X

Your right! 3rd time lucky!x
Reply 18
That's ucas deadline closed... the waiting for interviews now haha
Reply 19
Anyone who applied last year remember when they heard back from queens that they had an interview. I remember my interview was at the end of Feb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending