The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Applying to EdinUni next year

Any Advices will be helpful !

Hi,
I am currently S6 and I did my SQA higher last year in s5. But I did bad in most subjects with AACCD- , including maths in D, biology in C and Chemistry with no award. I want to apply for Biology related course in UofE, and will be retaking Chemistry, Biology and Maths in s6. I am very sure I will get a better grade this year.

I would like to know if retaking 3 subjects will affect the UCAS results to Uni? Will I not get an offer? Or be in disadvantage? Since one of my friends mentioned that Russell Unis doesn’t really like retakes. And is there anything that I can do to increase the chance to get in UofE or improvements/ cautions on UCAS?

I would like to take any advice or recommendations, thanks!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by tadachar
Any Advices will be helpful !

Hi,
I am currently S6 and I did my SQA higher last year in s5. But I did bad in most subjects with AACCD- , including maths in D, biology in C and Chemistry with no award. I want to apply for Biology related course in UofE, and will be retaking Chemistry, Biology and Maths in s6. I am very sure I will get a better grade this year.

I would like to know if retaking 3 subjects will affect the UCAS results to Uni? Will I not get an offer? Or be in disadvantage? Since one of my friends mentioned that Russell Unis doesn’t really like retakes. And is there anything that I can do to increase the chance to get in UofE or improvements/ cautions on UCAS?

I would like to take any advice or recommendations, thanks!

No it won't affect your chances of you hopefully gaining a place at the university of Edinburgh.
Your main target is to achieve your university minimum entry requirements for your chosen course of biology and then get yourself through the process and look forward to doing biology degree. So carry on with gaining your necessary grades okay.

Scottish resident born and bred. You would have probably passed your sqa with better grades but remember that you have just been through a major pandemic which affected your education over the course of a year or so with not being able to attend school.

I completed a veterinary nursing university degree just after the pandemic kicked in march 2020 with doing things online as luckily I was more than up-to-date with everything.

Then I went back to university in September 2020 to do another major degree in nursing ( which I just qualified in June) in my own city of Edinburgh.

Best wishes for your year ahead and hopefully future at Edinburgh university.
(edited 7 months ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending