The Student Room Group

Edexcel ial biology unit 2 13th january 2020

Scroll to see replies

Anyone giving the exam tomorrow for Unit 3?
Original post by psukroo

Yesh me! Both p2 ans bio u3
Original post by Mash_rocks
Yesh me! Both p2 ans bio u3

Me too...any predictions? Just saw they changed the paper pattern from June 2019 onwards:frown:
Original post by Mash_rocks
It was 2 i think

why is it 2 tho?
Original post by psukroo

is there anything excluding the reference writing I need to know? like do I need to remember the volumes of liquids needed for the tests and magnification drawing and graticule usage too?
I self-tutor so im confused
Original post by mynameisnotvalid
is there anything excluding the reference writing I need to know? like do I need to remember the volumes of liquids needed for the tests and magnification drawing and graticule usage too?
I self-tutor so im confused

I was actually going through the past papers...in the previous years, there were 2 questions per paper (Q1 about an experiment and Q2 was like an article for. Which you had to gather info). I went through the June 2019 paper for Unit 3 and they don't have the article question anymore...so the exam tomorrow is probably gonna be :

3-4 questions long. It's gonna ask about variables, controls, uncertainties, at least 1 food test (probably won't be for reducing sugars as that was in the June 2019 paper so could be for starch or vitamin c) semi quantative methods...at least I'd say 2 graph questions are gonna come (around 5-6 markers) so practice those. We will also get about instruments that should be used.
Original post by psukroo
I was actually going through the past papers...in the previous years, there were 2 questions per paper (Q1 about an experiment and Q2 was like an article for. Which you had to gather info). I went through the June 2019 paper for Unit 3 and they don't have the article question anymore...so the exam tomorrow is probably gonna be :

3-4 questions long. It's gonna ask about variables, controls, uncertainties, at least 1 food test (probably won't be for reducing sugars as that was in the June 2019 paper so could be for starch or vitamin c) semi quantative methods...at least I'd say 2 graph questions are gonna come (around 5-6 markers) so practice those. We will also get about instruments that should be used.

Magnification questions will probably be max 2 marks...better to work on questions that will give you more marks. Graphs are the easiest to obtain them. Also go through food tests at least one and some precautions that can be taken. They will also give at least 1 experiment planning question worth 4-5 marks
Original post by psukroo

Thank you so much! Do you have the past paper from the new syllabus?
Thank you so much! Do you have the past paper from the new syllabus?

Yup. It's on nhpapers...I'll attach the link to the most recent paper and Mark scheme. Just go through the June 2019 one as Jan paper is the old paper pattern. Good luck tomorrow!

https://nhpapers.weebly.com/as-biology.html
Original post by psukroo
Yup. It's on nhpapers...I'll attach the link to the most recent paper and Mark scheme. Just go through the June 2019 one as Jan paper is the old paper pattern. Good luck tomorrow!

https://nhpapers.weebly.com/as-biology.html

oml thank you!! youre a life saver
oml thank you!! youre a life saver

You're welcome:smile:
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/a-level-edexcel-ial/unit-3/

Found the above link really helpful for revision for Unit 3 Bio...7 pages of notes and really concise
did anyone get to solve the october 2019 unit 3 paper?
How did it go
and if anyone has it then pls pm me
"We will also get about instruments that should be used" what do u mean by instruments?

Original post by psukroo

Original post by noora120903
"We will also get about instruments that should be used" what do u mean by instruments?

Like in specific experiments they might ask what to use to let's say measure this amount of liquid and so on...so common laboratory apparatus. How would you reduce the error associated with this instrument? Oh yeah, just remembered they might ask about mineral ions and their effects on plant growth as that is a very common topic
did anyone get to solve the october 2019 unit 3 paper?
How did it go
and if anyone has it then pls pm me

Yup..that was easy. It's on savemyexams.co.uk

But it's according to the old paper pattern so the useful bit would only be to solve Q1 from the previous papers as that was about experiments
how was unit 3 y'all?
how was unit 3 y'all?

they had more theory questions than I expected but overall, it was ok. the first question confused me
how was unit 3 y'all?

Loved it....Only found the 1st bit a little weird but my answers were correct...checked them online afterwards.

Studying for Chem Unit 2 for tomorrow
Guys does anyone have the paper and mark scheme and is willing to share it
It would be a great help
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending