The Student Room Group

Interview at brampton manor. Tips?

Hi, I've basically got an interview at Brampton sixth form next week and i really want to get in so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for the interviews thx.

Scroll to see replies

You've already got an interview... I havent even applied yet lmao
Reply 2
I've also got an interview! 29th January. :biggrin:

It says in the e-mail that it's regarding your ''application''.

Ensure you can explain why you picked each of your subjects and the course that you're hoping to do at university. Furthermore, any extra-curriculars you put down, I'd be ready to talk about them and how they are relevant to your intended career path.

Who's your interview with?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by AB2907
I've also got an interview! 29th January. :biggrin:

It says in the e-mail that it's regarding your ''application''.

Ensure you can explain why you picked each of your subjects and the course that you're hoping to do at university. Furthermore, any extra-curriculars you put down, I'd be ready to talk about them and how they are relevant to your intended career path.

Who's your interview with?

Mines on the 22nd with Mr Twyman, I'm so nervous. Fingers crossed i get in or idk where I'd go lol
Good luck all, also when did you guys apply I still haven’t done mine yet
Reply 5
I applied the day after applications opened but dw you got until 14 Feb to apply
Original post by _asia.xo3
I applied the day after applications opened but dw you got until 14 Feb to apply

Oh ok, what were your predicted grades like
Reply 7
Mines on the 22nd with Mr Twyman, I'm so nervous. Fingers crossed i get in or idk where I'd go lol

Mine's with Mr Dobin. I'm sure you'll be fine, be confident in yourself :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by PizzaMan2989
Oh ok, what were your predicted grades like

I'm predicted 8 9s and 3 8s
Reply 9
Original post by AB2907
Mine's with Mr Dobin. I'm sure you'll be fine, be confident in yourself :biggrin:

I hope, good luck too, hope we get in

Im DOOMED lol
Reply 11
Im DOOMED lol

dw lol 😂 the entry requirements are 7s so if all your targets are 7+ you'll probably get jn
dw lol 😂 the entry requirements are 7s so if all your targets are 7+ you'll probably get jn

tbh my arent predicted grades aren't bad just not as good as yours. If they do it on a first come first serve basis then I'm doomed also. I have 5 9s, 2 8s and 2 7s so I think I'm fine...hopefully. What are you taking?
Reply 13
tbh my arent predicted grades aren't bad just not as good as yours. If they do it on a first come first serve basis then I'm doomed also. I have 5 9s, 2 8s and 2 7s so I think I'm fine...hopefully. What are you taking?

It baffles me how many GCSEs you guys are doing lool

I'm doing 8 - predicted 99999988 and a D* in Music BTEC
Original post by AB2907

you basically have 9 because of the music BTEC but it doesn't count. I also have the fsmq in Add maths but it also doesn't count sadly
Reply 15
Original post by AB2907

I'm literally only doing two more than you😂, but it's compulsory at my school 😭
I'm literally only doing two more than you😂, but it's compulsory at my school 😭

what ones?
Reply 17
I'm literally only doing two more than you😂, but it's compulsory at my school 😭:smile:

😂😂 ngl 2 more subjects would stress me too much

How was the interview?
Reply 18
it was ok, they basically asked the obvious stuff (career, a levels, predicted grades, extracurriculars) good luck for yours 🤞
Reply 19
what ones?

At my school you have to do the core sciences, English, maths, a language, history or geography, and two other options from a list eg psychology, sociology which is what I chose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending