The Student Room Group

What would be the best uni option, especially for Games Design?

I have chosen these options:
University of Northampton
De Monfort University
University of Bedfordshire
Staffordshire University
Original post by nathandunton478
De Monfort University
Staffordshire University

Have you visited yet or got any offers? At least one of those courses is quite selective so there's no guarantee you'll get an offer.
Original post by PQ
Have you visited yet or got any offers? At least one of those courses is quite selective so there's no guarantee you'll get an offer.

I've visited the University of Northampton and got an conditional offer from there but I'm still waiting from the other universities.
Reply 3
From the list you mention I would rate Staffordshire as the best one, (although admittedly I haven't seen the work of Northampton yet, so don't take my word for this, do some research) but do a search online for the showreels of those universities and you'll see their work which will help you make a decision. You might want to look at ours in Hertfordshire as well seeing as we are rated number 1 in the world (Rookies Awards) and number 1 in the UK (TIGA) for games art. Our showreel is here (it contains work from all 4 of the Animation degrees at Hertfordshire) https://vimeo.com/264905924
Original post by nathandunton478
De Monfort University
Staffordshire University

Hi @nathandunton478

We're excited to hear you're applying for Games Design at Staffs.

Here's our latest showreel, but please bear in mind it also features work from other courses too - that said, it should help to give you an insight into the type of work produced on this popular course:

There's lots more info on the Computer Games Design course page, but give me a shout if you have any Qs.

Thanks

Amy
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi @nathandunton478

We're excited to hear you're applying for Games Design at Staffs.

Here's our latest showreel, but please bear in mind it also features work from other courses too - that said, it should help to give you an insight into the type of work produced on this popular course:

There's lots more info on the Computer Games Design course page, but give me a shout if you have any Qs.

Thanks

Amy

Thank you, I'll give it a watch! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest