The Student Room Group

worried about my uni options, but i've already picked a firm choice.

i had two options of chosing to study game art in futureworks. manchester
and theatre at lsbu in in london.

i have heard really mixed reviews from both courses, and i got unconditionals from both. i picked futureworks as my firm choice but now im really unsure about going there. i've heard positive and negative reviews and im just really on the fence.

i like the idea of the course but im just unsure about it all in general. but i know i want to go uni.
i have also applied for student finance so if i asked to switch courses i fear that it would just be too complicated to even attempt.

can anyone from futureworks or london south bank please tell me if either unis are good, im just really stressed.
Original post by cececilee

i have heard really mixed reviews from both courses, and i got unconditionals from both. i picked futureworks as my firm choice but now im really unsure about going there. i've heard positive and negative reviews and im just really on the fence.

i like the idea of the course but im just unsure about it all in general. but i know i want to go uni.
i have also applied for student finance so if i asked to switch courses i fear that it would just be too complicated to even attempt.

can anyone from futureworks or london south bank please tell me if either unis are good, im just really stressed.

It's easy to change course on student finance and lots of students do this every year following results day if they don't get into their original choice or decide to change courses.

I don't know enough about your courses to advise you, but if you decide that neither course is right for you and you want to apply somewhere else you will be able to release yourself into clearing. Please read through the following carefully if you decide that clearing is the best option for you:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing
Reply 2
Original post by cececilee

hey!
im also in the exact same boat, ive firmed my unconditional at futureworks for game art. I had a complete crisis a couple days ago as i too have seen the mixed reviews and wasnt sure if it was for me.
I obviously cant offer much information about the course as i havent started it either, but i have decided that a positive of studying there for me is definitely that they seem to have small class sizes which i really like the sound of, as personally when im working i really like alot of feedback on my work to help improve and i feel like they'll be good at providing that.
Im also keeping clearing in mind to see if anything i am more interested in shows up!
for now, i dont think theres anything we can really do so my advice is try not to think about it too much until clearing opens! (:
Reply 3
So I don’t do Games Art but I do Games Design at Futureworks (just finished first year) and I personally really enjoy it. I feel like the smaller classes really let you talk with lecturers more 1 on 1 as well as group projects have let me make friends with people in my course. I admit Futureworks social stuff isn’t good, but my flatmates all go to futureworks and made some friends who like DND! Manchester is such a good city and Futureworks is barely a 10 minute walk from the center :smile:. My friend does Games Art and enjoys it! Her art is amazing 😭🫶.

Games Design is very well structured and allows for a lot of creative freedom and allows students to pick what they want to do and the lecturers are very helpful, and I feel the course is prepping me well for the industry. I dunno about Games Art but I expect it so also be on the same level as what my course does.
Reply 4
Original post by Misutii
So I don’t do Games Art but I do Games Design at Futureworks (just finished first year) and I personally really enjoy it. I feel like the smaller classes really let you talk with lecturers more 1 on 1 as well as group projects have let me make friends with people in my course. I admit Futureworks social stuff isn’t good, but my flatmates all go to futureworks and made some friends who like DND! Manchester is such a good city and Futureworks is barely a 10 minute walk from the center :smile:. My friend does Games Art and enjoys it! Her art is amazing 😭🫶.

Games Design is very well structured and allows for a lot of creative freedom and allows students to pick what they want to do and the lecturers are very helpful, and I feel the course is prepping me well for the industry. I dunno about Games Art but I expect it so also be on the same level as what my course does.

Hi there - quick question...do you know where most people have accommodation in their first year - looking to find like minded people in halls or such. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest