The Student Room Group

Courtauld Institute 2020 BA application thread

Hi, this post is for Courtauld 2020 undergraduate applicants.

It seems like no one has heard from the Courtauld yet?
But if you have heard, post below with the date that you sent the application and your predicts.:h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied on 4/10
existing grade:A (Maths)
predicted grades: A*(History) A*(Economics) A(Physics)
haven't received anything apart from an acknowledgement email.
(edited 4 years ago)
Applied in late September, predicted A*,A*,A. Received a conditional offer on 25th Nov.
Reply 3
Applied on 7th of November, predictions AAA* and EPQ A*, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you think it's ok? does it always take so long to reply?
I applied mid-October with A*A*B predictions and two A* EPQs. Perhaps the uni has waited until after the deadline date? I’m worried my B prediction (for Spanish) may damage my chances of getting in, but hopefully my other grades will boost my application? I don’t know of any other people who have applied to Courtauld so I’m eager to hear of any applicants getting offers.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I applied mid-October with A*A*B predictions and two A* EPQs. Perhaps the uni has waited until after the deadline date? I’m worried my B prediction (for Spanish) may damage my chances of getting in, but hopefully my other grades will boost my application? I don’t know of any other people who have applied to Courtauld so I’m eager to hear of any applicants getting offers.

I would try not to worry, I graduated from The Courtauld two years ago and all was well during admissions. It's the quality of your interest that matters, your personal statement, etc.. though I could be wrong :wink: hope this helps
Reply 6
Original post by Opo221
I would try not to worry, I graduated from The Courtauld two years ago and all was well during admissions. It's the quality of your interest that matters, your personal statement, etc.. though I could be wrong :wink: hope this helps

do you mind if I ask you a few questions? i've never met anyone from Courtauld, i'm quite excited
1) have you been to their kings cross campus? is it worse than the one next to Kings?
2) is it hard to get accommodation in the duchy house? i love this place but because i did not get an offer yet I cannot apply for accommodation and so I'm afraid there won't be room for me
3) are there many internationals?
4) and what about the second language that you can take in the first year? i've heard that it's only french, but i already know French and would like to study german. will i be able to do it? and then will i be able to carry on doing the language for the rest of my course?
I am really sorry for bombarding you! i haven't been to the open day and I don't know anything apart from the fact that the course is amazing there and the reputation is great. i'll appreciate so much if you answer :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by venger
do you mind if I as you a few questions? i've never met anyone from Courtauld, i'm quite excited
1) have you been to their kings cross campus? is it worse than the one next to Kings?
2) is it hard to get accommodation in the duchy house? i love this place but because i did not get an offer yet I cannot apply for accommodation and so I'm afraid there won't be room for me
3) are there many internationals?
4) and what about the second language that you can take in the first year? i've heard that it's only french, but i already know French and would like to study german. will i be able to do it? and then will i be able to carry on doing the language for the rest of my course?
I am really sorry for bombarding you! i haven't been to the open day and I don't know anything apart from the fact that the course is amazing there and the reputation is great. i'll appreciate so much if you answer :smile:

Yeah, no worries. Glad to help. Okay, so to answer your questions please keep in mind that I can only speak for my own experiences, and things may have changed. I started in October 2015.

1) I have only been to the campus next to Somerset House, which is stunning from the outside. You are aware that Courtauld has since changed to Russell Square (I believe), near Kings Cross. When I started and finished my degree I was at the original campus in Somerset House, which you may also know is *stunning* !!

2) Duchy House is near Somerset H, so I'm not entirely sure if they're even renting that out at the moment while the Courtauld Connects program and restoration takes place. You may perhaps know more about this than I... Apologies!

3) Courtauld is super international, that was the best part about it. One piece of advice: assuming you're a British national, try to make friends who are from England as well as abroad. A lot of my friends were international and once we graduated it has been quite a feat to keep in contact. Thankfully, I have managed and they're amazing people, everyone is. Just keep that in mind.

4) again, I'm not entirely sure. All I call tell you is that for my first year intake I took Italian at LSE. This is all I can say on this front.

I'm glad that you're excited, and yeah the reputation is second to none. Don't rely on the reputation of Courtauld too much, however. The best contacts I made were of my own accord, but that's weird given that I also regard them as good friends too. Like anything, the Courtauld experience is what you make it. I really hope you get in.

Any more questions, just let me know :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Opo221
Yeah, no worries. Glad to help. Okay, so to answer your questions please keep in mind that I can only speak for my own experiences, and things may have changed. I started in October 2015.

1) I have only been to the campus next to Somerset House, which is stunning from the outside. You are aware that Courtauld has since changed to Russell Square (I believe), near Kings Cross. When I started and finished my degree I was at the original campus in Somerset House, which you may also know is *stunning* !!

2) Duchy House is near Somerset H, so I'm not entirely sure if they're even renting that out at the moment while the Courtauld Connects program and restoration takes place. You may perhaps know more about this than I... Apologies!

3) Courtauld is super international, that was the best part about it. One piece of advice: assuming you're a British national, try to make friends who are from England as well as abroad. A lot of my friends were international and once we graduated it has been quite a feat to keep in contact. Thankfully, I have managed and they're amazing people, everyone is. Just keep that in mind.

4) again, I'm not entirely sure. All I call tell you is that for my first year intake I took Italian at LSE. This is all I can say on this front.

I'm glad that you're excited, and yeah the reputation is second to none. Don't rely on the reputation of Th Courtauld too much, however. The best contacts I made were of my own accord, but that's weird given that I also regard them as good friends too. Like anything, the Courtauld experience is what you make it. I really hope you get in.

Any more questions, just let me know :smile:

Thank you so much!!
In terms of the second language - it was very helpful because I have seen only the French option, and it is great to know that you were doing something different. Hopefully, they still have this possibility of choice. And, probably, the last one for my own peace - don't you know when on average they are sending offers and rejections? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by venger
Thank you so much!!
In terms of the second language - it was very helpful because I have seen only the French option, and it is great to know that you were doing something different. Hopefully, they still have this possibility of choice. And, probably, the last one for my own peace - don't you know when on average they are sending offers and rejections? :smile:

Mine came quite late, they were last to reply :smile:
Reply 10
Hi guys
I have a place at the Courtauld starting September 2020 (applied last year, currently on gap year).
I'm having some trouble applying for accommodation - I'd like to go into intercollegiate halls but I can't figure out how to. On both the website for London intercollegiate halls and the Courtauld website they only have applications for 2019/20 open rather than 2020/21.
Does anyone know if I'm trying to apply way too early?? And if so when applications will open?
Hope fully see some of you in September :smile:
Did anyone get accepted in the past couple of weeks?
Didn’t even hear a thing😢
Reply 13
Hi everyone,
I received a conditional offer today!
Original post by eggerr
Hi everyone,

So did I! Yay!!!! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
So did I! Yay!!!! :smile:

congratulations!
Original post by eggerr
Hi everyone,

congrats!!!!what are the conditions?
Reply 17
Original post by katherineZD
congrats!!!!what are the conditions?

I'm from Canada so they've said I need to keep a grade 12 average of over 83%. Not bad at all!
My daughter just received a good offer from the Courtauld. My only hesitancy for her is the extracurricular stuff. With such a small student intakeaqre there any clubs for drama, sport, debating, film etc?
(edited 4 years ago)
i recieved an offer last week and my mind was set on goldsmiths but now i have no idea, im scared that i wont get my grades and my goldsmiths offer is unconditional so a bit of a major factor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending