The Student Room Group

Gcse revision

Hi , how can I revise for my gcse sciences and get a 9 ?
Reply 1
have you tried using mygcsescience? The videos are really good
Original post by cheesecake112211
Hi , how can I revise for my gcse sciences and get a 9 ?

So firstly these are my grades:
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Physics - 9

So um yeah onto the important stuff
- Don’t worry if you haven’t found your best revision technique by year 11, keep experimenting, for me I found mind maps and taking them specifically from videos (e.g. my GCSE science, YouTube ) or audio files (e.g. podcasts on the podcast app are often made for some GCSE subjects) worked best for me.
- Check the specification of every subject and try to make some sort of written resource on everything in that specification by the end of Easter before your exams. This is really helpful for science (I took AQA) because it lays out almost everything you need to know. While you are going through those specifications make notes of everything you need to ask your teachers. This way you can know that there are no gaps in your knowledge.
- When you are making your written resources keep some sort log of the things you need to memorise not just understand before the exam e.g. the chemical analysis test results.
- For me I woke up at 6:30 every morning to do half an hour of work. This worked as I wasn’t yet tired from a school day/exam and so was able to concentrate. This is definitely not a must but consider when is best for you to work.
- If you need a break take a break, and don’t be too strict with your revision plan because you can’t take things in if you don’t want to/are too tired.
- In fact I didn’t do a revision schedule at all I just set myself reasonable daily/weekly goals and that meant I got the fulfilment of achieving them and also got through content.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any specific questions please ask them!
Original post by lizzyh123321
So firstly these are my grades:
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Physics - 9

So um yeah onto the important stuff
- Don’t worry if you haven’t found your best revision technique by year 11, keep experimenting, for me I found mind maps and taking them specifically from videos (e.g. my GCSE science, YouTube ) or audio files (e.g. podcasts on the podcast app are often made for some GCSE subjects) worked best for me.
- Check the specification of every subject and try to make some sort of written resource on everything in that specification by the end of Easter before your exams. This is really helpful for science (I took AQA) because it lays out almost everything you need to know. While you are going through those specifications make notes of everything you need to ask your teachers. This way you can know that there are no gaps in your knowledge.
- When you are making your written resources keep some sort log of the things you need to memorise not just understand before the exam e.g. the chemical analysis test results.
- For me I woke up at 6:30 every morning to do half an hour of work. This worked as I wasn’t yet tired from a school day/exam and so was able to concentrate. This is definitely not a must but consider when is best for you to work.
- If you need a break take a break, and don’t be too strict with your revision plan because you can’t take things in if you don’t want to/are too tired.
- In fact I didn’t do a revision schedule at all I just set myself reasonable daily/weekly goals and that meant I got the fulfilment of achieving them and also got through content.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any specific questions please ask them!

Thank you so much , for your response!

1.Firstly, I just wanted to ask if you think investing into my gcse science is a good option ?

2.What do you exactly been by written resource on the specification?

3. When did you start revising and what were you doing February onwards?

Sorry for so many questions
Original post by cheesecake112211
Thank you so much , for your response!

1.Firstly, I just wanted to ask if you think investing into my gcse science is a good option ?

2.What do you exactly been by written resource on the specification?

3. When did you start revising and what were you doing February onwards?

Sorry for so many questions

So I don’t think I could’ve got my grades without my gcse science but that’s just me and my revision methods. I liked writing questions and then answers from the specification because it helps you really engage with the text. I revised from October for my December mocks so had good foundations for the content for mocks and then i started again in february half term especially for my languages and history learning the vocab and making flashcards.

Quick Reply

Latest