The Student Room Group

Biomedical science

I am doing biomedical science degree and it’s my first year. I think I am finding it really hard to manage and get good marks. I was just wondering if anyone who has done this course or is in their 2nd/3rd year could offer some help and advise? It would be really helpful as it’s been stressing me out and I don’t know what I can do to get better marks. As in I try to do best in my assignments but don’t really get good marks....any suggestions? Due to this I have been feeling very depressed and anxious as I don’t want to fail this year plz 😭😭😭
Original post by Eleanor_raezzzz
I am doing biomedical science degree and it’s my first year. I think I am finding it really hard to manage and get good marks. I was just wondering if anyone who has done this course or is in their 2nd/3rd year could offer some help and advise? It would be really helpful as it’s been stressing me out and I don’t know what I can do to get better marks. As in I try to do best in my assignments but don’t really get good marks....any suggestions? Due to this I have been feeling very depressed and anxious as I don’t want to fail this year plz 😭😭😭

Hey! Sorry things aren't going great at the moment. University, especially first year, is a learning curve where you're finding your feet and learning a lot of new content in different modules. I graduated with a degree in biomedical science last year so may be able to offer guidance, what are you current modules? What are you struggling with?

Some general tips;
1. Type up your lecture notes after each lecture, this means when it's exam season it's easy to revise
2. Go to your universities support hub for help with essay writing
3. Don't be afraid to stay behind and ask your lecturers for help
4. Prioritise the modules you're struggling with; make a revision timetable and order your notes
5. Don't leave assignments last minute
Thank you very much for your reply. Yeah I am gonna try to make notes after every lecture, I didn’t do that. My modules include: core biochemistry, human physiology with pharmacology, molecular biology and genetics, practical and transferable skills. This is my semester B btw, I just about passed my semester A. I did very well in my A levels but uni is not going right for me. I feel like I’ve lost motivation and really cannot figure out how I can do well in Uni like I did in my A levels. Also, I am not used to writing assignments as sixth form was totally exam based. So currently, I am writing a lab report on this Bradford assay practical that we did. And I don’t not know how to actually do it😭 like from the previous assignments that I have done I always loose marks from the referencing and got about 50/60%. I want to get at least 70% and above. Plz, could you help me with this report? As in what shall I include in my discussion. It would be very helpful if you could guide me as this is my first lab report and I want to do well.
Moved to Science Study Help forum for you. :h:
Original post by Eleanor_raezzzz
Thank you very much for your reply. Yeah I am gonna try to make notes after every lecture, I didn’t do that. My modules include: core biochemistry, human physiology with pharmacology, molecular biology and genetics, practical and transferable skills. This is my semester B btw, I just about passed my semester A. I did very well in my A levels but uni is not going right for me. I feel like I’ve lost motivation and really cannot figure out how I can do well in Uni like I did in my A levels. Also, I am not used to writing assignments as sixth form was totally exam based. So currently, I am writing a lab report on this Bradford assay practical that we did. And I don’t not know how to actually do it😭 like from the previous assignments that I have done I always loose marks from the referencing and got about 50/60%. I want to get at least 70% and above. Plz, could you help me with this report? As in what shall I include in my discussion. It would be very helpful if you could guide me as this is my first lab report and I want to do well.

Hey! I can PM you my notes, I don't have them all but I'll send you what I have. With regards to referencing, what style are you using?

If you send me your essay I can read it and help you, just PM me and I'll do my best.
Thank you very much!!!!! Omg I was really stressing out. Yeah sure if you could possibly do that it would be if great help.
For the referencing, we do Harvard referencing. Thank you!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending