The Student Room Group

Manchester or Leeds

Anyone on here currently study or have applied for Sociology at Manchester or Leeds uni ? I’m having a really hard time deciding which to firm :/
Moved to Social & Political Sciences :h:
Reply 2
Original post by MidgetFever
Moved to Social & Political Sciences :h:

Huh ?
Original post by _xChlox_
Huh ?

It was posted in the chat section, I moved your thread to a different forum so that you'd get more appropriate responses.
Reply 4
Original post by MidgetFever
It was posted in the chat section, I moved your thread to a different forum so that you'd get more appropriate responses.

Oh thank you ! X
Anyone on here currently study or have applied for Sociology at Manchester or Leeds uni ? I’m having a really hard time deciding which to firm :/

I have applied to Manchester!
Reply 6
Original post by nadia.valerie
I have applied to Manchester!

What course ? I’m so stuck at which uni to pick they’re both amazing. Manchester is speaking to me more but there is a chance at lower grade for Leeds zzz
What course ? I’m so stuck at which uni to pick they’re both amazing. Manchester is speaking to me more but there is a chance at lower grade for Leeds zzz

Sociology BA, but I completely understand because I'm in the same situation. Nottingham has offered me a lower grade so now I'm really confused. I spoke to a few professors from Manchester and if you really want to go and you get one grade less then what they asked for most likely they will still take you, so I would just choose the uni which I like best. Maybe we will see each other next year!!! In bocca al lupo!
Reply 8
Sociology BA, but I completely understand because I'm in the same situation. Nottingham has offered me a lower grade so now I'm really confused. I spoke to a few professors from Manchester and if you really want to go and you get one grade less then what they asked for most likely they will still take you, so I would just choose the uni which I like best. Maybe we will see each other next year!!!

The thing is for me there is a chance I miss the offer by technically two grades. They are asking for a distinction and even though I’m going to try my hardest I feel like I’m going to get a Merit. I had bad mental health and messed up my course work pretty bad so I really need to make up with it in my test. I think I can get the grades from my A levels though. It’s so hard ! Manchester is speaking to me because I legit almost cried when I got the offer and I wasn’t too fussed about Leeds but so many people are telling me to go to Leeds to take some pressure off myself
The thing is for me there is a chance I miss the offer by technically two grades. They are asking for a distinction and even though I’m going to try my hardest I feel like I’m going to get a Merit. I had bad mental health and messed up my course work pretty bad so I really need to make up with it in my test. I think I can get the grades from my A levels though. It’s so hard ! Manchester is speaking to me because I legit almost cried when I got the offer and I wasn’t too fussed about Leeds but so many people are telling me to go to Leeds to take some pressure off myself

Wow that's a hard choice to make! Let me know if you end up choosing Manchester!!! Good luck
Reply 10
Wow that's a hard choice to make! Let me know if you end up choosing Manchester!!! Good luck

Thank you! You let me know too x
Reply 11

Yes!! I am in the exact same position as you!! Have you visited both? Have you decided yet?
Reply 12
Original post by MaiaM
Yes!! I am in the exact same position as you!! Have you visited both? Have you decided yet?

Nope I’ve visiting them both within the next month just to look around the uni and the city, have you ? But I still haven’t decided yet! It’s such a hard decision ugghhhh, they’re both amazing unis
Reply 13
Nope I’ve visiting them both within the next month just to look around the uni and the city, have you ? But I still haven’t decided yet! It’s such a hard decision ugghhhh, they’re both amazing unis

Yep I have visited them both and I am visiting them again within the next month to try and decide ahha
Reply 14
Original post by MaiaM
Yep I have visited them both and I am visiting them again within the next month to try and decide ahha

Such a hard decision, I think I’m going to wait until after BTEC results day. I do one BTEC and 2 a levels so I might see what I’m likely to get in my BTEC and use that to decide as I feel confident I can reach the A level conditions
Reply 15
Such a hard decision, I think I’m going to wait until after BTEC results day. I do one BTEC and 2 a levels so I might see what I’m likely to get in my BTEC and use that to decide as I feel confident I can reach the A level conditions

That's a shout !! Let me know which one you end up choosing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending