The Student Room Group
Yes, I’m considering firming it..Yeah I totally agree, I really loved the vibe!
Original post by DentistWho?
Yes, I’m considering firming it..Yeah I totally agree, I really loved the vibe!

When did you interview? And are you waiting on any other decisions?

I was looking at accommodation earlier and it's so much cheaper than what I pay for a room at the moment!
Original post by imonmywaytonight
When did you interview? And are you waiting on any other decisions?

I was looking at accommodation earlier and it's so much cheaper than what I pay for a room at the moment!

First day of the interviews. Nope! Aberdeen would have always been my first choice over KCL anyways though since I really really like the atmosphere and it would be way cheaper to live there instead of London
Reply 4
I’m most likely firming Aberdeen too, just waiting hear back from QUB!
Well there's at least three of us so far! 3/20 isn't too bad!
Original post by GN137
I’m most likely firming Aberdeen too, just waiting hear back from QUB!

Ohhh, good luck with that 😊
I’m waiting for KCL too before firming Aberdeen. Has anyone started to look at accommodation? The Uni accommodation seems to be quite far from the dental school.
Is anyone here an English student
Original post by Hunggrydentist
Is anyone here an English student

Me 🙋🏻*♀️ I think @imonmywaytonight is too
Original post by Dentistry2580
I’m waiting for KCL too before firming Aberdeen. Has anyone started to look at accommodation? The Uni accommodation seems to be quite far from the dental school.

I’ve actually looked at some. I’m not sure about uni accommodations to be honest because I don’t think it would be wise to live with 18 year olds...
I'm English :smile:
Yeah that’s another reason I don’t want to live in uni accommodation 😂😂. I’m looking at Powis Place Also I’m English too
Yeah that’s another reason I don’t want to live in uni accommodation 😂😂. I’m looking at Powis Place Also I’m English too

That’s an option. Are you looking at Studios or En-Suite ?
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m unsure yet to be honest. I know we’re entitled to a maintenance loan in 1st year but then in years 2-4 we get nhs maintenance bursary were only entitled to a reduced loan. Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much we’ll be getting? Just because at the moment I’m lost on how much money I’ll actually have to spend on things like accommodation over the next 4 years
I’m unsure yet to be honest. I know we’re entitled to a maintenance loan in 1st year but then in years 2-4 we get nhs maintenance bursary were only entitled to a reduced loan. Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much we’ll be getting? Just because at the moment I’m lost on how much money I’ll actually have to spend on things like accommodation over the next 4 years

I don’t want to give you false information but I’ll give you a run through of what’s my understanding regarding this so far. (RoUK students)
Y1: self-fund ~3460 for tuition fees and you get the rest from student finance and you’re also entitled to up to ~9300 of maintenance
Y2-Y4: NHS pays the ~3460 and the rest is covered by SFE
Regarding maintenance, up to ~2450 of loan from SFE and ~3640 from NHS for a 30 weeks and any additional weeks are paid at a rate of £84
Hope this helps in a way. There is actually a pdf document available regarding the NHS bursary and for more reliable answers you could call SFE (I have got the figures from these sources myself but I did round them so aren’t exact)

Latest