The Student Room Group

Young fit nurse critically ill at hospital

A 36-year-old nurse described as “normally fit and healthy” is critically ill in intensive care after contracting coronavirus.

Areema Nasreen is on a ventilator at Walsall Manor hospital in the West Midlands where she has worked for 16 years.

Her family say Nasreen, who has three children, and lives in Walsall, has no underlying health issues and first developed symptoms including body aches, a fever and a cough 10 days ago. She tested positive for the virus on Friday.

Speaking to BirminghamLive, her sister Kazeema Nasreen, 22, who works as a healthcare assistant at the same hospital, said: “My sister who is an amazing nurse on the front line and who always helps so many has now caught this virus. She is critically ill in ICU, on a ventilator and fighting for her life.
NHS hospitals likened to war zones as doctors prepare to make grim decisions
Read more

“I want everyone to know how dangerous this is. My sister is only 36 and is normally fit and healthy.

“People are not taking this seriously enough. She is young it is not just the elderly who are at risk.”

A unnamed doctor at the hospital told Sky News that his colleague’s condition had “deteriorated very quickly” in the space of 24 hours.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/fit-healthy-36-year-old-uk-nurse-intensive-care-coronavirus
Ngl, from the thread title I thought this was going to be about something very different lmao

EDIT: thread title has now been changed. Original title was "Fit nurse at hospital"
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Ngl, from the thread title I thought this was going to be about something very different lmao

ahah same lmao
Reply 3
Original post by AngeryPenguin
A 36-year-old nurse described as “normally fit and healthy” is critically ill in intensive care after contracting coronavirus.

Areema Nasreen is on a ventilator at Walsall Manor hospital in the West Midlands where she has worked for 16 years.

Her family say Nasreen, who has three children, and lives in Walsall, has no underlying health issues and first developed symptoms including body aches, a fever and a cough 10 days ago. She tested positive for the virus on Friday.

Speaking to BirminghamLive, her sister Kazeema Nasreen, 22, who works as a healthcare assistant at the same hospital, said: “My sister who is an amazing nurse on the front line and who always helps so many has now caught this virus. She is critically ill in ICU, on a ventilator and fighting for her life.
Read more

“I want everyone to know how dangerous this is. My sister is only 36 and is normally fit and healthy.

“People are not taking this seriously enough. She is young it is not just the elderly who are at risk.”

A unnamed doctor at the hospital told Sky News that his colleague’s condition had “deteriorated very quickly” in the space of 24 hours.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/fit-healthy-36-year-old-uk-nurse-intensive-care-coronavirus

FFS she's critically ill. Change the title at least.
In relationships forum?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AngeryPenguin

Read more

Yes the Chinese government have a lot to answer for.
Hopefully she will pull through.🤞
Since when was 36 young?
Original post by DiddyDec
Since when was 36 young?

That will be halfway through life for a lot of you.
Original post by Just my opinion
Yes the Chinese government have a lot to answer for.
Hopefully she will pull through.🤞

You can’t blame them. Being angry doesn’t help anyone.
Reply 8
So an overworked and tired nurse who was in prolonged contact with a multitude of illnesses including Covid19, without sufficient PPE has had her immune system overwhelmed.

We need to be careful, yes, but not terrified.
I think a lot of people think that being young and fit means you are invincible from experiencing the severe effects of the virus.

As far as I’m aware if you are young, fit and healthy you are for less likely to require hospital care from the virus. However there is still a likelihood, even if that likelihood is smaller.

That’s why young people shouldn’t be complacent, because there is still a chance this virus is going to hit you hard.
Original post by DiddyDec
Since when was 36 young?

In most hospital wards, any patient under 70 is referred to as young!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending