The Student Room Group

Can we resit/finish non exam assesments?? To get a higher grade

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
I need clarificatiion thanks I'm not allowed to ask my teachers as they have stated they won't be replying to anything regarding exams as it wont do any good ughhh
Reply 1
also im talking about resit because of corona canceling exams and we can resit subects if we think we didnt get thegrade we deserve
Reply 2
For GCSEs if you re-sit then you can carry forward the mark you've already got on the NEA and re-sit just the exams but you CAN'T do the opposite - you have to re-submit the NEA and re-sit the exams.

This year your NEA is not being marked as a separate item, it's just that the work you did before schools closed is being used as part of the evidence to decide your grade so you couldn't just work more on that to improve your grade.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Compost
For GCSEs if you re-sit then you can carry forward the mark you've already got on the NEA and re-sit just the exams but you CAN'T do the opposite - you have to re-submit the NEA and re-sit the exams.

This year your NEA is not being marked as a separate item, it's just that the work you did before schools closed is being used as part of the evidence to decide your grade so you couldn't just work more on that to improve your grade.

what wdym do i have to retake the whole course :/ i do textiles btw so both papers are nea and the exam title i dont think i can do next year since it will be another one ??
Reply 4
Original post by spf30
what wdym do i have to retake the whole course :/ i do textiles btw so both papers are nea and the exam title i dont think i can do next year since it will be another one ??

In normal circumstances, if you wanted to improve your grade then you would have to re-sit the exam (technically not NEA but an externally set assignment) but you could carry forward the NEA (the portfolio) or not, as you chose. There are no details of how this would work in the Autumn if you want to re-sit - it may be that the variants of GCSE Art aren't available because of the amount of time they would take to do or they may stick with the same exam theme so people don't have to start from scratch.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
In normal circumstances, if you wanted to improve your grade then you would have to re-sit the exam (technically not NEA but an externally set assignment) but you could carry forward the NEA (the portfolio) or not, as you chose. There are no details of how this would work in the Autumn if you want to re-sit - it may be that the variants of GCSE Art aren't available because of the amount of time they would take to do or they may stick with the same exam theme so people don't have to start from scratch.

Thank you for clraifyign, I have already finished most of my drawings and stuff but i havent stuck them in mybook + annotated them properly because i left it @ home as my teachers said after we do our exam, we can add to our personal portfolio and we were not allowed to touch it as we started our externally set assignment(the exam) had i known i'd probably done it earlier ;/hopefully the exam boards will be a bit more lenient and let us finish/add into our books so that we could get the best grade we could possibly get

Quick Reply

Latest