The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Studying Photography and Video from Sept 2020

How is the Photography , Digital Imaging and Video degree course being delivered at the moment? I'm starting this course in September and wondered if the course will be delivered mainly on-line. Will the practical side of the course be possible ie. learning how to use the equipment in the dark rooms/digital suite and use of the studio for photo shoots? What about hiring equipment? Will I need to buy my own now? Also, will freshers still take place? I'm interested in a student ambassador role and learned you find details of how to apply during freshers. Thank you.
Original post by Newtouni2020
How is the Photography , Digital Imaging and Video degree course being delivered at the moment? I'm starting this course in September and wondered if the course will be delivered mainly on-line. Will the practical side of the course be possible ie. learning how to use the equipment in the dark rooms/digital suite and use of the studio for photo shoots? What about hiring equipment? Will I need to buy my own now? Also, will freshers still take place? I'm interested in a student ambassador role and learned you find details of how to apply during freshers. Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for your questions.
Our Photography, Digital Imaging and Video course will be delivered as a mixture of face to face practical teaching and online ‘live’ teaching. We are developing our plans for safe and controlled access to the facilities in the Northern Centre of Photography including dark rooms, studios and the digital suite.
Our aim is to ensure that students have the appropriate opportunity for practical work, balanced with the requirements for social distancing (so our teaching groups will be smaller than normal, for instance). This will be complimented with online learning; through live online classes and pre-recorded sessions provide through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Canvas and the addition of Microsoft Teams for students.
You will still be able to borrow equipment and again we are establishing the appropriate system to ensure this is done safely. Within the Northern Centre of Photography we would still aim to have some on-campus sessions where it is safe to do so and allow for some students to come together for face to face learning.

The Students Union plan out the social activity of freshers and we understand they are adjusting and making plans for this to happen, further details will follow.

I hope this addresses your concerns but do let me know if there is anything else you need :smile:
Thanks
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending