The Student Room Group

Psychodynamic Approach- AQA

Do we need to learn the specific details of each psychosexual stage, or are we supposed to simply know what stages there are and what they are called/age they occur?

I.e only learn that there are 5 stages + their names (Oral at 0-1 years, Anal at 1-3 years etc.) OR learn the names and what actually happens during the stages and the consequences of unresolved conflict.
Original post by smuntaha
Do we need to learn the specific details of each psychosexual stage, or are we supposed to simply know what stages there are and what they are called/age they occur?

I.e only learn that there are 5 stages + their names (Oral at 0-1 years, Anal at 1-3 years etc.) OR learn the names and what actually happens during the stages and the consequences of unresolved conflict.

I'm pretty certain that you have to know all 5 stages in detail but i'd take a look on the psychology specification online. :smile:
Original post by broman12
I'm pretty certain that you have to know all 5 stages in detail but i'd take a look on the psychology specification online. :smile:

Hi! Thanks for your help :smile: I tried looking at the online specifications on the AQA website but all it says is: ' The psychodynamic approach: the role of the unconscious, the structure of personality, that is Id, Ego and Superego, defence mechanisms including repression, denial and displacement, psychosexual stages' It doesn't tell me specifically what I need to know :colonhash:
Original post by smuntaha
Hi! Thanks for your help :smile: I tried looking at the online specifications on the AQA website but all it says is: ' The psychodynamic approach: the role of the unconscious, the structure of personality, that is Id, Ego and Superego, defence mechanisms including repression, denial and displacement, psychosexual stages' It doesn't tell me specifically what I need to know :colonhash:

i'd learn all the deets to be safe tbh!
Original post by broman12
i'd learn all the deets to be safe tbh!

Okay, I'll take your advice, thank you! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending