The Student Room Group

How to deal with stress

Hi

Please can u guys give me some tips and advice on how to deal with stress as sometimes I stress too much about stuff and for the first time ever today I had really high blood pressure and felt faint because of it. Also, I am an over thinker which doesn’t really help and I don’t ever want my bp to go that high EVER AGAIN cos of my medical record it could be fatal

Thank you xx
Reply 1
Speak to your GP - therapy in conjunction with managing your physical health condition with appropriate medication (if applicable) is important.

Journal, meditate, make art, music, exercise (moderately), etc.
Reply 2
Which kind of stress?
mindfulness helps alot
just spend a few minutes where you forget about everything and relax whenever you feel stressed
What’s your diet like? Exercise, yoga and meditation can help. Have you spoken to your GP?
Reply 5
Original post by shebk
Which kind of stress?

Like stress about something I don’t have any control over
Reply 6
Original post by safiemona
mindfulness helps alot
just spend a few minutes where you forget about everything and relax whenever you feel stressed

How exactly pls could u expand? :confused:
Reply 7
Original post by YaliaV
What’s your diet like? Exercise, yoga and meditation can help. Have you spoken to your GP?

My diet is healthy and I workout every day, no I haven’t spoke to my GP as this was the first time I was so stressed that my bp was v high.
Original post by Anonymous
My diet is healthy and I workout every day, no I haven’t spoke to my GP as this was the first time I was so stressed that my bp was v high.

How did you measure your BP? Do you have an existing condition?
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV
How did you measure your BP? Do you have an existing condition?

We own a bp monitor thing at home. Yeah I have medical condition but not related to stress like I don’t have a mental health condition
How much iron do you eat? I'm often anaemic and my symptoms are light headedness, tiredness, and more stressed than normal.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
How much iron do you eat? I'm often anaemic and my symptoms are light headedness, tiredness, and more stressed than normal.

Omg maybeee umm idk how much iron I eat? What food in particular has iron?
- Meditate
- Talk to someone
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Exercise or do something which you enjoy
- Take a break
Original post by AM.TSR
- Meditate
- Talk to someone
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Exercise or do something which you enjoy
- Take a break

Ok ty for the advice :yep:
How exactly pls could u expand? :confused:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mindfulness/
Read this
It's basically about bringing yourself to the moment and forgetting about whatevers stressing you out, you can literally do it anywhere you want whenever you want
Original post by safiemona
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mindfulness/
Read this
It's basically about bringing yourself to the moment and forgetting about whatevers stressing you out, you can literally do it anywhere you want whenever you want

Tyyy 🙃
Reply 16
Hi

Please can u guys give me some tips and advice on how to deal with stress as sometimes I stress too much about stuff and for the first time ever today I had really high blood pressure and felt faint because of it. Also, I am an over thinker which doesn’t really help and I don’t ever want my bp to go that high EVER AGAIN cos of my medical record it could be fatal

Thank you xx

think about the good things in your life and future. i have the same issue, but every time i pray i feel unburdened and a lot better. i pray everything works out for you, God Bless truly
Hi I find that podcasts work well if you find the right one that maybe relates to you and also getting urself busy if during the day, a good breathing exercise is smell the flowers blow out the candles x

Quick Reply

Latest