The Student Room Group

University of Law Scholarship Online Assessment- GDL

Has anyway completed an online skills assessment for a scholarship at the University of Law? I've been sent the link for the online assessment and am concerned that I'm not prepared for it! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven’t submitted an application yet. Did you take it yet? Do you mind telling me how it went and any advice you would give? Hope it went well xx
Original post by c.gill96
Has anyway completed an online skills assessment for a scholarship at the University of Law? I've been sent the link for the online assessment and am concerned that I'm not prepared for it! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 2
Hi, I took it online last week and it was fine! It was twenty multiple choice questions covering a variety of legal issues and current affairs. As long as you have some sort of awareness of current affairs, you will be fine!! Do not worry about it
Original post by Tash28
Hi, I took it online last week and it was fine! It was twenty multiple choice questions covering a variety of legal issues and current affairs. As long as you have some sort of awareness of current affairs, you will be fine!! Do not worry about it

H! is there a time limit to answering the questions?
Reply 4
Original post by didi_ekpo

I'm pretty sure there was a time limit of around 30/40 minutes.
Reply 5
Original post by didi_ekpo

I believe it’s 30 minutes. Test is super easy if you know basics of each of the law topics
Hy all!
I am about to take the test, can you experienced guys give insights or tips about the assessment test as I am from India and I might not be confirmed about the affairs and the topics of law !? I little clear guide of the kind of questions will be of great help. Without this scholarship, t will be impossible for me to pursue my ambition of GDL from ULaw
Reply 7
Original post by Rlillie
I believe it’s 30 minutes. Test is super easy if you know basics of each of the law topics

Hey Im going to take the test soon and ive been trying to read up as much as possible but I was wondering how current the questions are? Is it topics related to the last year or more than that or is it stuff in the news now?
Reply 8
Hi all. Recently did the assessment. Reading other's posts, I think the content of the assessment is regularly changed. Mine was a mix of verbal, logical, and numerical reasoning. Hope this helps
Reply 9
Original post by Aboadan
Hi all. Recently did the assessment. Reading other's posts, I think the content of the assessment is regularly changed. Mine was a mix of verbal, logical, and numerical reasoning. Hope this helps

Have you heard back from them since you did the test yet? I completed the assessment a while ago and am not sure when to expect a response!
Reply 10
Hi, yes i heard back in under 20 or so minutes. Perhaps you should email them?
Original post by Aboadan

I also did the verbal, logical and numerical reasoning type of test a few weeks ago. I didn’t realise there were different ones.
Reply 12
Original post by Aboadan
Hi, yes i heard back in under 20 or so minutes. Perhaps you should email them?

Sorry I realised that wasn't v clear - they told me that I passed, but I wondered if you'd heard anything else since then, or if you know when we should expect more news?
Reply 13
No I have not heard anything else since then. I'm still waiting.
Reply 14
Also did the test recently: was a mix of verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Time limit was 30mins, and you need at least 12 points to pass. I got my result in about 5 mins. Just take your time and read everything.
Reply 15
Hi, could you possibly give examples of questions? I have heard very different things from different people so I am extremely confused and really need this scholarship, thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by CxJxN
Hi, could you possibly give examples of questions? I have heard very different things from different people so I am extremely confused and really need this scholarship, thanks.

I also just took the test online, it was as everyone else has said verbal, logical reasoning. I would say make sure you know what time you start as there is no visible timer but you do get a 5 min warning before the end. A few questions referred to some text and you had to read through it and judge the scenarios based on the information given. Others gave a sequence and said fill in the blank.
Reply 17
Original post by Aboadan
No I have not heard anything else since then. I'm still waiting.

Hey have you heard anything? Just wanna figure out how long it takes to find out
Reply 18
Hi everyone I have just completed the online assessment and received an email less than 5 minutes later to say I had passed. If you haven’t heard I’d definitely suggest emailing the scholarships team. I have no update as to what to expect in the next stage, hope this helps :smile:
Reply 19
I'm going to try and be as detailed as possible in the hope that it helps as many people applying as possible (especially those who don't have their GDL funded by the bank of mum and dad) There were 20 questions. The first five entailed using a very basic Local Authority style policy document and assessing scenarios against the criteria it stipulates in order to establish if an organisation is eligible for a grant or not.There were then some logical reasoning questions including putting numbers in sequences, some numerical reasoning and some standard verbal reasoning. There was also a question about the strength of a set of arguments about a particular topic. Nothing directly related to law so unless they change the question styles dramatically there is no need to prepare by reading around law or current affairs topics you'd be better off brushing up on your verbal/ logical and numerical reasoning skills.I received a response that I had passed within 5 minutes but haven't heard anything else since.I hope that helps! Good luck !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending