The Student Room Group

I’m an inpatient on a psychiatric ward, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Sabertooth
Let you fall asleep in a chair.
At least ime.

OP: I really don't know how you manage for so long. I've stayed in some pretty dire hospitals and was begging to get out after 3 days. :hugs: Feel better soon.

Well I have no choice but to be here. Would leave if I could. But I feel safer in hospital compared to being out. I have gone past boredom now, just a lost soul. :frown:
Reply 61
Original post by Noodlzzz
This!

Thinking of you too OP :hugs:

:hugs:
Reply 62
This place is a load of bull****.

Not allowed in my room all day with the day staff and not allowed in my room until 10 pm at night.

The reason being I need ‘structure’ in the evening. Wtf? How is sitting down in a corridor structure???
Original post by Lostx
This place is a load of bull****.

Not allowed in my room all day with the day staff and not allowed in my room until 10 pm at night.

The reason being I need ‘structure’ in the evening. Wtf? How is sitting down in a corridor structure???

Lie on the floor by the nurses' station. :evil: Clozapine can be very sedating, you need rest.

Sometimes at home I go to bed before 10pm, that's ridiculously late to keep you out of your room until!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
Lie on the floor by the nurses' station. :evil: Clozapine can be very sedating, you need rest.

Sometimes at home I go to bed before 10pm, that's ridiculously late to keep you out of your room until!

not OP but at my first unit we usually weren’t allowed in our rooms til after 21:45 and when i first arrived i was so exhausted i’d just sleep on a sofa until they’d let me in my room. after a while they just let me go in once the night staff arrived (21:00) haha
1.Why did you stop taking your medication?
2.What's the process of getting admitted like?
3.Are the nurses and psychiatrists nice to you?
4.Is it scary being in a psychiatric hospital?
5.What is the food like?what sort of things do they give you to eat?
6.What happen to you when you stopped taking medication?How did you feel?
7.What are some of the side effects you have experienced from your medication except sedation?
8.What sort of activities do they have for you throughout the day?
9.Do you have your whole room to yourself or do you share with anyone?
I feel like if I don’t get better that I will need to go into a psychiatric hospital, last few months my depression & anxiety Is becoming so bad that I cannot function.
If I really feel I needed to go into one can I voluntarily?
I just can’t cope.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like if I don’t get better that I will need to go into a psychiatric hospital, last few months my depression & anxiety Is becoming so bad that I cannot function.
If I really feel I needed to go into one can I voluntarily?
I just can’t cope.

not OP but

are you currently under any services ie. camhs or amhs? if so, I'd realy advise talking to whoever your care coordinator is about this. it's unlikely they'll be able to get you a bed immediately but you could be assessed and put on a waiting list, which is better than nothing if you think you need it. in some areas it's quite tricky to get a bed unless you are sectioned, but hopefully that's not the case where you live.

being admitted informally is far better than being sectioned, so if you think it could reach the point where you might end up with a forced admission then i'd strongly advise you to talk to someone about it before that happens. even if it's your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest