The Student Room Group

how to spice up my school uniform?

just wondering ideas to make it look better? any nice skirts that I could wear instead of the horrible and bad quality school standard ones? any nice jackets? nice jewellery? nice bags? hair accessories etc, thanks.
Make sure to chack your school's uniform policy before buying anything.
Other than that I'm not much help, sorry :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by ladyalpatera
just wondering ideas to make it look better? any nice skirts that I could wear instead of the horrible and bad quality school standard ones? any nice jackets? nice jewellery? nice bags? hair accessories etc, thanks.

You have to wear the school skirts, no?
Anything else, and isnt that going against the dress code?
Original post by Daveological

it says we can't wear jewellery besides one stud in each ear but I've seen bracelets, rings and necklaces being worn and nobody ever says a thing about it? so not sure if I should take the chance or not? I have in the past though, mabye it's just a forgotten rule?

This is going to sound 'mature' but....

Get a good quality school uniform. Iron and press it. If you are required to wear a tie, wear it properly.
Keep your jewelry smart, basic and appropriate. Get a decent bag which is able to hold everything you need (don't be one of those idiot with the trendy fashionable bag which is only big enough to carry a lunchbox - lol)

Most of all, wear your uniform with pride. I know it sounds wanky, but I wish I did when I was at school on reflection.

People will respect you from your presentation as well as how you interact with them.

PS - Sorry for the mature reply
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You have to wear the school skirts, no?
Anything else, and isnt that going against the dress code?

I don't think so? we can wear the trousers or the skirts, but also shorts in hot weather, and I've seen people wearing denim black jeans and it's not as if the teachers can do anything? I was wondering if I could wear the cigarette/pixie style black trousers that are tight at the bottom and loose at the top and have that waist tie thing? they seem appropriate. imop I wouldn't wear jeans anyway, I want something formal for school that I'm comfortable in, like those trousers I just told you about, or a nice skirt but I don't want a plain school one, would prefer something a little bit unique.
(edited 3 years ago)
it says we can't wear jewellery besides one stud in each ear but I've seen bracelets, rings and necklaces being worn and nobody ever says a thing about it? so not sure if I should take the chance or not? I have in the past though, mabye it's just a forgotten rule?

If one teacher picks up on it you can get in trouble.
If one teacher picks up on it you can get in trouble.

idk, it's secondary school, nobody I know has ever gotten in trouble for jewellery, besides nose piercings.ive seen people with multiple ear piercings also, as long as they're lobe ones it seems to be fine
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by iDeano
This is going to sound 'mature' but....

Get a good quality school uniform. Iron and press it. If you are required to wear a tie, wear it properly.
Keep your jewelry smart, basic and appropriate. Get a decent bag which is able to hold everything you need (don't be one of those idiot with the trendy fashionable bag which is only big enough to carry a lunchbox - lol)

Most of all, wear your uniform with pride. I know it sounds wanky, but I wish I did when I was at school on reflection.

People will respect you from your presentation as well as how you interact with them.

PS - Sorry for the mature reply

no no you're right!! we have no tie, it's different from England's uniform since it's Welsh, it's a polo shirt, jumper and black trousers/skirt which always go frizzy?? idk what the word is, that's why I want to get a different type of bottoms that still look appropriate for school. I know I could shave them but it happens every day because of the type of chairs the school use, they have weird ridges or something on em
(edited 3 years ago)
idk, it's secondary school, nobody I know has ever gotten in trouble for jewellery, besides nose piercings.ive seen people with multiple ear piercings also, as long as they're lobe ones it seems to be fine

It should be fine I guess, but wear at your own risk.
Reply 10
I don't think so? we can wear the trousers or the skirts, but also shorts in hot weather, and I've seen people wearing denim black jeans and it's not as if the teachers can do anything? I was wondering if I could wear the cigarette/pixie style black trousers that are tight at the bottom and loose at the top and have that waist tie thing? they seem appropriate. imop I wouldn't wear jeans anyway, I want something formal for school that I'm comfortable in, like those trousers I just told you about, or a nice skirt but I don't want a plain school one, would prefer something a little bit unique.

Do you have a uniform, or is it just a dress code?
The teachers can do something. In my old school with uniforms, I saw plenty of kids be sent down to the principles to be taken home or made change.
Do you have a uniform, or is it just a dress code?
The teachers can do something. In my old school with uniforms, I saw plenty of kids be sent down to the principles to be taken home or made change.

a uniform, black trousers/skirt, white polo, emerald green jumper. and oh that's what ours do we have to change, but it's only if you repeatedly do it
Reply 12
a uniform, black trousers/skirt, white polo, emerald green jumper. and oh that's what ours do we have to change, but it's only if you repeatedly do it

Be cautious. Its easier and less stressful to just wear what they want you to.
Be cautious. Its easier and less stressful to just wear what they want you to.

ik but honestly I barely get to go out (pre corona!!), to wear my own clothes so I just want to be able to get a little bit more freedom in what I wear, because I never have a reason to buy jewellery etc as it's never worn.

Quick Reply

Latest