The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

Can you apply for a management course with a mostly economic drived personal statement with some glimpse of management interest ?
I mean yes you can as long as you can twist it to sound a bit more relating to your course. You can over exaggerate. That’s what i’m doing atm. I have a lot of experiences that’s not related to my course at all but i twist it. my advice would be to visit one of the websites of the universities you would want to go to and look at the skills you can learn from the course and when you are writing your per statement you can say what you learnt from the course using the details they give you. Good luck :smile:
Although there is a lot of overlap, saying (for example) 'I am really interested in economics because...' is not going to look good for management admissions tutors. There are enough of both courses, so why apply for both?
Reply 3
Original post by renadsz17
I mean yes you can as long as you can twist it to sound a bit more relating to your course. You can over exaggerate. That’s what i’m doing atm. I have a lot of experiences that’s not related to my course at all but i twist it. my advice would be to visit one of the websites of the universities you would want to go to and look at the skills you can learn from the course and when you are writing your per statement you can say what you learnt from the course using the details they give you. Good luck :smile:

So even if my personal statement is heavily economics driven but say I exaggerate my business experience then it should be fine ?
Original post by Maths neev
So even if my personal statement is heavily economics driven but say I exaggerate my business experience then it should be fine ?

You don't need work experience for business - it is an academic degree too. It should be clear from the first sentence what you are applying for, so it will be obvious to business admissions tutors that you are applying mainly for economics and make them wonder how committed you are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending