- physics
- chemistry
- biology
- rpe (religion, philosophy and ethics)
- computer science
- french
- spanish

i want to be an anaesthesiologist or a psychiatrist in the future ahaha
i’m kind of stressed for gcses since i’ll be taking my computer science one in year 10 ahaha
my favourite subject is maths (top set and chosen for school teams as well yay)
Original post by 0603
use seneca to familiarise yourself with triple science ! it explains the concepts really well and is like quick (?) revision

thanks, will do! :biggrin:
im finally going back to school the week after next but there's literally no point bc my school finishes on the 3rd anyway
Hello everyone :smile:
Is anyone else feeling a complete lack of motivation in regards to completing school work? It's just so tedious!
I do I'm bored as f*** doing it well at least I have 3 weeks left 'til SUMMER HOLIDAYS YEEET
Original post by TheSafeCracker69
I do I'm bored as f*** doing it well at least I have 3 weeks left 'til SUMMER HOLIDAYS YEEET

lmao I finish next Friday :smile:
what is 50 x 1/2 x 2/3 x 3/4 x 4/5 x 5/6 x 6/7 x 7/8 x 8/9 x 9/10 x 10/11 x 11/12 x 12/13 x 13/14 x 14/15 x 15/16 x 16/17 x 17/18 x 18/19 x 19/20 x 20/21 x 21/22 x 22/23 x 23/24 x 24/25 x 25/26 x 26/27 x 27/28 x 28/29 x 29/30 x 30/31 x 31/32 x 32/33 x 33/34 x 34/35 x 35/36 x 36/37 x 37/38 x 38/39 x 39/40 x 40/41 x 41/42 x 42/43 x 43/44 x 44/45 x 45/46 x 46/47 x 47/48 x 48/49 x 49/50 x50/51 x 51/52 x 52/53 x 53/54 x 54/55 x 55/56 x 56/57 x 57/58 x 58/59 x 59/60 x 60/61 x 61/62 x 62/63 x 63/64 x 64/65 x 65/66 x 66/67 x 67/68 x 68/69 x 69/70 x 70/71 x 71/72 x 72/73 x 73/74 x 74/75 x 75/76 x 76/77 x 77/78 x 78/79 x 79/80 x 80/81 x 81/82 x 82/83 x 83/84 x 84/85 x 85/86 x 86/87 x 87/88 x 88/89 x 89/90 x 90/91 x 91/92 x 92/93 x 93/94 x 94/95 x 95/96 x 96/97 x 97/98 x 98/99 x 99/100
Hello everybody,my name is Hanene (pronounced Hanan) and I'm 14. I like to dance and sing and I'm really interested in coding (weird combo I know haha). But yes and I'm from Algeria.So the options I chose are Engineering, Computer Science and History. We had to pick a Humanities subject and we also have to do a language, just had to say that because apparently that's not required in most schools but I don't know much about the whole British system since I'm not from here. Anyways, I feel like my grades for my GCSE options are going to be good because I never got below expected in any of them plus I get good grades on every subject but I'm very nervous for my GCSEs because nobody in my family has done them and I'm the first person in my family to be doing British Schooling. So if anyone has any resources they can help me with it would be much appreciated. I also think we use AQA but people in my school were cheating so I think they changed it now. Please feel free to reply with anything you think might help. The only thing I know so far about the topic we start next year is that for History we are doing medicine through time and that's it. It says what my future dream job would be and I'd like to work in TD securities because we had a work experience day with them and it was really fun and incorporates so many different things I like to do like coding so it is amazing for me. Thank you in advance to anyone who helped :smile:
Original post by hlatrache
Hello everybody,my name is Hanene (pronounced Hanan) and I'm 14. I like to dance and sing and I'm really interested in coding (weird combo I know haha). But yes and I'm from Algeria.So the options I chose are Engineering, Computer Science and History. We had to pick a Humanities subject and we also have to do a language, just had to say that because apparently that's not required in most schools but I don't know much about the whole British system since I'm not from here. Anyways, I feel like my grades for my GCSE options are going to be good because I never got below expected in any of them plus I get good grades on every subject but I'm very nervous for my GCSEs because nobody in my family has done them and I'm the first person in my family to be doing British Schooling. So if anyone has any resources they can help me with it would be much appreciated. I also think we use AQA but people in my school were cheating so I think they changed it now. Please feel free to reply with anything you think might help. The only thing I know so far about the topic we start next year is that for History we are doing medicine through time and that's it. It says what my future dream job would be and I'd like to work in TD securities because we had a work experience day with them and it was really fun and incorporates so many different things I like to do like coding so it is amazing for me. Thank you in advance to anyone who helped :smile:

Hi! Welcome!
Do you do AQA for Engineering?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by b1nary
Hi! Welcome!
Do you do AQA for Engineering?

I don't know. They told the students what they used in year 7 but I joined in the middle of year 8 and I think they told my parents but for some reason not me.
I don't know. They told the students what they used in year 7 but I joined in the middle of year 8 and I think they told my parents but for some reason not me.

Oh ok, if you do find out, I do AQA Engineering and could help you! I also do OCR Computer Science, so yeah PM me if you want to discuss stuff that I do for subjects and revision material I use. :biggrin:
hey guys what advicee do you give a grade 10 student about to start. and I really dont understand math and the 3 sciences what do I dooo????
Original post by b1nary
Oh ok, if you do find out, I do AQA Engineering and could help you! I also do OCR Computer Science, so yeah PM me if you want to discuss stuff that I do for subjects and revision material I use. :biggrin:

Of course. thank you so much!
Original post by salmarahhal
hey guys what advicee do you give a grade 10 student about to start. and I really dont understand math and the 3 sciences what do I dooo????

Hey are you from America? Grade ten is year 9 so we are in the same year. Triple science is chemistry, biology and physics and maths is simple enough for me I guess. Pm me and ask me any questions you need help with. I'm not active here often so if you prefer pm me on instagram @xxhannounaxx :smile:
Hey are you from America? Grade ten is year 9 so we are in the same year. Triple science is chemistry, biology and physics and maths is simple enough for me I guess. Pm me and ask me any questions you need help with. I'm not active here often so if you prefer pm me on instagram @xxhannounaxx :smile:

Grade 10 is Year 11

no grade ten is year 11
Original post by kokocola
hi hi :smile:

it’s nearly the end of year 9 oops

here are the subjects i chose for gcse:
- english literature
- english language
- maths
- further maths
- physics
- chemistry
- biology
- rpe (religion, philosophy and ethics)
- computer science
- french
- spanish

i want to be an anaesthesiologist or a psychiatrist in the future ahaha
i’m kind of stressed for gcses since i’ll be taking my computer science one in year 10 ahaha
my favourite subject is maths (top set and chosen for school teams as well yay)

yayyyyy my parents are psychiatrists wooohooooo

Can’t believe you’re taking 2 languages - that’s so awesome.
Woah at least you’ll be done with one GCSE next year. That’s cool

Oh cool! That’s so awesome. I’m rubbish at coding - but I’m doing this thing called CyberStart Game where it mixes Python coding with cryptography and forensics and it’s really nice.
anyway don’t worry - I’m also the first person in my family to do GCSEs and all. What language are you doing? We have to do one compulsorily so I’m doing German (I’m also rubbish at French lol). My options were Food Tech, Art Textiles and Geography yay.

About resources....I have no idea.

What is TD securities, out of curiosity??
Reply 198
hi i've chatted on here before i think but it was a long time ago so i'll introduce myself again

for gcse im studying:
-English
-Maths
-Triple Science
-Geography
-Graphic Communication
-Computer Science
-French
-Spanish

When I grow up I want to work in animal research of some kind, like zoology or marine biology :smile:

Has lockdown stressed anyone else out? I've been doing the work but I haven't done like any revision, has anyone else done the same lol
Reply 199
Hello you lot

Not a Y9 (I am about to start Y13) but I sure do feel like one. I know my Y9 self would have needed this advice (whether I thought I needed it or not)

My GCSE experience is a pretty miserable one, I won’t scaremonger but I feel that saying this might spare someone else the grief.

Please please please please ignore anything your school tells you that makes you think these GCSEs are a matter of life and death. They are not. In fact, when you leave school and go onto college or sixth form they look like Y6 SATS. I was a top student for so many years at my school but I thought about them way to much and fell at the final hurdle. At the end of the day when you finish Y11 it is like having a fresh start, your GCSEs get you in to your college or Sixth form through their entry requirements but that’s about as significant as they get.

My school was graded “Outstanding” (*choke*) and saw that as an excuse to push their students beyond what they could handle. I only ever tried my best at school yet when I missed my target grades I was always apparently at fault. I know not every school is the same but please please understand that you should never be made to feel inadequate.

I have nine GCSEs.
History - 8
Eng Lit -8
Eng Lang - 7 (did in Y10)
French - 6
Bio - 6
Chem - 6
Phy - 6
Maths -6
Art - 6

Look at those grades and keep in mind what I am about to tell you now

I take 3 A levels and my predictions are
History -A*
Art -A*
Classics -A

In a few months time I am applying to Cambridge. Whether I get in or not is a different question, but in Y9 through to Y11 I would have scoffed at the idea. I was never “good enough” my school never gave me the chance to prove myself and they excluded me from any extra opportunities.

I wish that my school could see me now. Because they were wrong. My GCSEs are good in general standards but they aren’t perfect. I see people in TSR asking how to get all 9s, which is good and I hope you guys get those grades you want. But understand it isn’t everything.

Life will not be any easier to you if you get straight 9s. People I know who did are struggling now they have left school because they don’t have the school to tell them how amazing they are. Please ensure you have a life outside of school. Volunteer, enter competitions, do extra reading and write a diary on your subject. Go for walks where possible or join a sports club. Because GCSEs stay behind in the school you leave, the real world doesn’t care what you get. All your school really cares about it how good THEY look. Please please please be selfish, think only of yourselves, don’t let anyone try and force you into being someone your not for something that will not benefit you whatsoever.

I left school and decided to turn my life around. School had broken me and if I hadn’t the strength to see that they did I probably wouldn’t be going to university. Know that however important these are made out to be, all they do is allow you to enter A Levels. It is those A Levels that matter, so long as you pass maths and English as part of 5 GCSEs.

Don’t take this as my word to not care about them. Please do! Having good grades makes your life a little bit easier. But don’t put your entire life on these exams that don’t mean much in life. Your character and achievement beyond a standard textbook is valued more, absolutely anyone can poop out facts they took from a school book and get praised for it, is it a good life skill? Not necessarily.

My little brother is your age and I hope he and you all do as best as you can. But please please please don’t panic 💖

Latest