The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview

I have been invited for DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview. Has anyone done one recently. My interview will be a video interview. Any help is appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Olak
I have been invited for DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview. Has anyone done one recently. My interview will be a video interview. Any help is appreciated

Congratulations! It should give you info on the types of questions you will be asked in the candidate pack which you can access through your application page. What location did you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by Pegleg02
Congratulations! It should give you info on the types of questions you will be asked in the candidate pack which you can access through your application page. What location did you apply for?

It is London
The instruction received is:
Video Interviewing has been chosen for this stage of the selection process which offers you the following benefits:

The chance to bring your skills and attributes alive
Really demonstrate why you're ideal for the job
Demonstrate your communication skills in 'real-time'
Reply 3
Original post by Pegleg02

When I log back in I cant see the candidate pack, seems to have dissapeared :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Le1gh82
When I log back in I cant see the candidate pack, seems to have dissapeared :frown:

Yes, It disappeared once you are invited for an interview. I have the candidate pack for another location that has not invited me for an interview.
Reply 5
Original post by Le1gh82

This is from Candidate pack for another location, but I think they are of the same format. Extract:
The interview
This will consist of a pre-recorded video interview which should take approximately between 30 - 40 minutes to
complete, further details will be given to you if you successfully move to this stage of the process.
The following Behaviours will be tested at Interview:
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
Making Effective Decisions
Blended Interview
You will be asked a mixture of Behaviour and Strength questions.
A blended interview aims to be more of a conversation at interview offering a more inclusive approach.
The Strength and Behaviour based questioning explores what the candidate can and has done, but also their
potential.
An example of a Behavioural question would be;
Tell me about a time when you’ve had to deal with a difficult customer. It may help to use one or more examples of a
piece of work you have completed or a situation you have been in, and use the WHO or STAR model to explain:
What was the task, How you approached the work/situation and what the Outcomes were, what did you achieve? Or
What was the Situation? That were the Tasks? What Action did you take? What were the Results of your actions?
Examples of Strength based questions include:
What motivates you? What do you like doing? What makes this enjoyable?
Can you think of one small manageable step that would improve x for you?
It is difficult to prepare for strength type questions. However you can think through your answers, focus on your
achievements and aspects you enjoy and decide how these can be applied in the organisation and role.
While strengths questions are shorter and we do not expect a full STAR response, the panel is interested in your first
reaction to the question and information or reasoning to support this.
Reply 6
Original post by Olak
This is from Candidate pack for another location, but I think they are of the same format. Extract:
The interview
This will consist of a pre-recorded video interview which should take approximately between 30 - 40 minutes to
complete, further details will be given to you if you successfully move to this stage of the process.
The following Behaviours will be tested at Interview:
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
Making Effective Decisions
Blended Interview
You will be asked a mixture of Behaviour and Strength questions.
A blended interview aims to be more of a conversation at interview offering a more inclusive approach.
The Strength and Behaviour based questioning explores what the candidate can and has done, but also their
potential.
An example of a Behavioural question would be;
Tell me about a time when you’ve had to deal with a difficult customer. It may help to use one or more examples of a
piece of work you have completed or a situation you have been in, and use the WHO or STAR model to explain:
What was the task, How you approached the work/situation and what the Outcomes were, what did you achieve? Or
What was the Situation? That were the Tasks? What Action did you take? What were the Results of your actions?
Examples of Strength based questions include:
What motivates you? What do you like doing? What makes this enjoyable?
Can you think of one small manageable step that would improve x for you?
It is difficult to prepare for strength type questions. However you can think through your answers, focus on your
achievements and aspects you enjoy and decide how these can be applied in the organisation and role.
While strengths questions are shorter and we do not expect a full STAR response, the panel is interested in your first
reaction to the question and information or reasoning to support this.

This is fantastic thank you so much. I am going to do my interview later this evening so will update you
Reply 7
Hey, just found this thread as I was searching to prepare myself for the interview, i also got the same one, London location, by the way, you can access your candidate pack together with other attachments when you go to applications>review and then click on “advert details” and scroll all the way down, there is attachments there, or at least for me they are all still there :smile:
Reply 8
I did my interview, it was very intense and quick paced but I suspect that was my nerves!

2 questions to break the ice, why do you want this role etc..Then straight into 6 questions (behaviour and strength for each)

I don't think I did very well as I forgot all my examples and was umming and aaahing abit.

Hopefully I dont have to wait too long to hear back, best of luck to everyone 🤞
Reply 9
Hi. I'm sure you did great - a few hesitations won't hurt much! Do you remember the questions by any chance? Were the six questions for six different competencies, or were there sub-questions? Also, do you remember how long you had per each question? Thanks a ton and best of luck!
Reply 10
Original post by um786
Hi. I'm sure you did great - a few hesitations won't hurt much! Do you remember the questions by any chance? Were the six questions for six different competencies, or were there sub-questions? Also, do you remember how long you had per each question? Thanks a ton and best of luck!

I literally have mind blank now but they are literally like already discussed, give an example of when u have managed a quality service etc...

Its 3 competencies, then the 3 strength questions which only give u 5 seconds to think about. They are natural responses so imagine if you were talking to a friend or colleague how would you respond etc so you cant really prep for that

Per question was roughly 2 and a half mins, the strength ones were slightly shorter. Remember to have your docs with you as u need to upload
Reply 11
Original post by Le1gh82
This is fantastic thank you so much. I am going to do my interview later this evening so will update you

Thanks, I will be expecting
Original post by Le1gh82
I literally have mind blank now but they are literally like already discussed, give an example of when u have managed a quality service etc...

Its 3 competencies, then the 3 strength questions which only give u 5 seconds to think about. They are natural responses so imagine if you were talking to a friend or colleague how would you respond etc so you cant really prep for that

Per question was roughly 2 and a half mins, the strength ones were slightly shorter. Remember to have your docs with you as u need to upload

Thanks for some info. I’m sure you did great. When you say intense was it difficult in terms of thinking on the spot? Did you have to use examples in every question? I’m sure the strength questions are easier but the 3 competences questions are they based on the 3 behaviours listed in the advert? good luck !
Reply 13
Original post by Le1gh82

This is plenty and I really appreciate it. Thank you and good luck!
Original post by Le1gh82

Once you accept the invite, it will disappear from your in box to your deleted box, just move it back from your in box.
Reply 15
Original post by Ghosthunter101
Thanks for some info. I’m sure you did great. When you say intense was it difficult in terms of thinking on the spot? Did you have to use examples in every question? I’m sure the strength questions are easier but the 3 competences questions are they based on the 3 behaviours listed in the advert? good luck !

Its because I was just nervous even though I knew what the questions would be based around! Yes the queations are based on exactly the ones adverrised so no surprises as such! For me it was just the actual interview process that freaks me out!
What were the two ice breaker questions and examples of the three strength based questions?I have an interview for the derbyshire location.
What were the two ice breaker questions and examples of the three strength based questions?I have an interview for the derbyshire location.
Original post by Dalewhite

Its unlikely others will give you information on the actual questions as it puts others at a disadvantage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending