The Student Room Group
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton

Official University of Bolton Applicant Thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

I mean, thecompleteuniversityguide has Uni of Bolton 5th in the country for student satisfaction, so make of that what you will :smile: I am so excited to begin my English and Creative Writing course in September, and having had chats with certain tutors/lecturers and seeing the facilities available, I believe Bolton is an extremely underrated uni and it will certainly be improving over the next few years. I hope everyone is happy with their uni choices, no matter where you go! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton
Original post by Nazbe
Looking to study dental technology. There's only 2 university that do this course close to home. I heard mixed views about the university. I haven't been to the university for an open day or anything so literally going off what others have to say about it.

It IS Dental technology you want, not Dentistry? University of Bolton has no Medical courses, don't believe them if they talk about a Medical School, it's not yet built. Most chance of ending up as a technician, is it really worth 3 year course for that?
Last I knew the Dental courses are run at a prison-like building in Farnworth, not part of the Bolton main campus. None of which would matter if the courses were going to be online only, but the Uni is making a lot of noise about opening up in September, so I would steer clear.
Hi again!

I'm doing the VFX course, starting in September. If you haven't been to an open day, I really recommend it!! To be honest, I never considered this University, off of word of mouth reviews from people I know. However, when I met the tutors and past students of my course, it just felt so right.

As someone who lives in a very tiny town (we don't even have a maccies), anywhere would be an upgrade at this point! Plus, i'd like to be able to visit my mum often (and Bolton is not too far away :smile:) as she would be alone when I leave to live in Bolton.
Has anyone heard back from them regarding a place or anything at all?
I sent my application off months ago and have got no reply whether I got in or not, most of my emails are being ignored, the last email they did reply to they said they would get back to me with an update but nothing yet, my course (a fast track course) is meant to start in July :frown:
Original post by Cat3030
I sent my application off months ago and have got no reply whether I got in or not, most of my emails are being ignored, the last email they did reply to they said they would get back to me with an update but nothing yet, my course (a fast track course) is meant to start in July :frown:

i had my interview and got accepted with an unconditional offer a week or 2 later. when I had problems with the course I messaged them on Facebook and they replied a few hours later. Id recommend facebook to message them as its the quickest responce time
Reply 25
Original post by Cat3030

I had my interview and got an offer back 2 weeks later, been in contact via email, also had a zoom meeting to meet my course tutors and others on my course. I have had no issues getting in touch with anyone at the university.
I have actually already seen the tutors before the lockdown and talked about all of this with them, they was very lovely.
Would you guys suggest sending another email (or maybe facebook message) or giving it another week?
Original post by Cat3030
I have actually already seen the tutors before the lockdown and talked about all of this with them, they was very lovely.
Would you guys suggest sending another email (or maybe facebook message) or giving it another week?

id just send them an extra message, its probably gotten lost or looked over by mistake
Reply 28
Original post by nicnac1
I had my interview and got an offer back 2 weeks later, been in contact via email, also had a zoom meeting to meet my course tutors and others on my course. I have had no issues getting in touch with anyone at the university.

Original post by Cat3030

Hi ,did you hear back from the University of bolton?
Original post by DR2301
Hi ,did you hear back from the University of bolton?

Yes I did! I finally heard back today and have an interview next week
Reply 30
Original post by Cat3030
Yes I did! I finally heard back today and have an interview next week

Great .Best of luck for your interview .
Is there anyone who has applied for Physician Associate Studies September, 2020 at the University of bolton ?
To those who already had zoom interviews, was you sent a link for the interview? How did you access it? Any tips for it?
I imagine I will be informed about this tomorrow, but I would be interested in hear others experiences with it before hand.
Crossing my fingers for everyone.:rave:

TSR will be here to help if anybody needs it, and if things don't go to plan tomorrow please remember that there's NoWrongPath to your future. :smile:

Reply 34
Anyone doing adult nursing in bolton first year?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by nyxnko_
hiHey everyone! :wavey: Are you applying to the University of Bolton for 2020 entry?

This thread is for University of Bolton applicants to chat and meet with other applicants during the application process. :thumbsup:

:woo: For more applicant threads, please check this huge list of 2020 applicant threads HERE! :woo:

Here's a template to introduce yourself. Feel free to share as much or as little as you would like :redface:

What course are you applying for:
What other universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:

Good luck with your application! :rave:
@University of Bolton @Puddles the Monkey

Hi, anyone applied for Adult nursing first year?
Or if you are in a groupchat?
Reply 36
I have applied to UOB to study dental technology. But, I feel I don't want to pursuit it. Can I cancel it and apply to uclan to study dental therapy or is it too late. This was not an insurance choice.
Original post by Nazbe
I have applied to UOB to study dental technology. But, I feel I don't want to pursuit it. Can I cancel it and apply to uclan to study dental therapy or is it too late. This was not an insurance choice.

Hi @Nazbe

Our BSc Dental Therapy course is closed for 2020 applicants. Our clearing team are taking calls until 5pm today if you would like to discuss other courses we have available at UCLan. Call 01772 830777

Clearing information: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/study_here/clearing/index.php

Best wishes,
Beth
Original post by nicnac1
My mum went there to do her degree she met some lovely friends there, her friend is doing her masters there currently and i am starting Sept to do social work. I am from Bolton and I hear good and bad things but you get that anywhere. My mum and her friend enjoyed their time there and haven't spoke badly about it, I don't think my mum would let me go somewhere for three years if it was not up to it. The dental part of the uni is quite new so I imagine its all state of the art. The uni is growing and has started to teach new courses to compete with other unis.

Hi I am applying for Social Work via Clearing. Do you know what the course modules are because I cannot find it anywhere. I’m a little nervous because of the reviews, but everyone has different experiences I suppose
Reply 39
Original post by MamaJama90
Hi I am applying for Social Work via Clearing. Do you know what the course modules are because I cannot find it anywhere. I’m a little nervous because of the reviews, but everyone has different experiences I suppose

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending