The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary - Physician associate - 2021 entry

Hi guys!
Anyone applying for physician associate course at Queen Mary 2021 entry?, Is the PA course is funded by HEE at Queen Mary? and also do we need to do UKAT in order to secure a place?
Than you.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys!
Anyone applying for physician associate course at Queen Mary 2021 entry?, Is the PA course is funded by HEE at Queen Mary? and also do we need to do UKAT in order to secure a place?
Than you.

hi! I am hoping to apply here, do you know when the applications open? the website says 30th May but it still says unavailble. i dont think the course is funded however,
thanks
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by zara_14555
hi! I am hoping to apply here, do you know when the applications open? the website says 30th May but it still says unavailble. i dont think the course is funded however,
thanks

Oh hey!
And yes I was also confused about the application as its not open yet, so I've emailed them regarding the application and will update here once I get a reply. Anyways have you done the personal statement?
Hi everyone,Within the application form it asks about the country of residence and in the dropdown list it doesnt have the option for UK, and this is stopping me from completing my application. Is anyone else facing the same issue?:/
Original post by privateldn
Hi everyone,Within the application form it asks about the country of residence and in the dropdown list it doesnt have the option for UK, and this is stopping me from completing my application. Is anyone else facing the same issue?:/

try England instead of United Kingdom.
Hi guys!
Than you.

How are you going to pay for the course? Also they want experience but because of the covid outbreak I'm unable to get one. What shall I do I'm really worried.
hey guys i was wondering if anyone applied to queen mary jan 2021 start and if any has heard any replies?
Reply 7
How are you going to pay for the course? Also they want experience but because of the covid outbreak I'm unable to get one. What shall I do I'm really worried.

Hey!
I am planning to pay through postgraduate student loan, HEE grant and rest are self funded. And since the application at qmul only close September try to get one in GP surgery or anywhere health related but if you can't I advice you to add any experience you may have that are transferable to the course.
Reply 8
I think funding is available through England Student Finance and you don’t need UKAT In order to secure the place.
Reply 9
I am trying to apply this year, as far as I know you have to apply directly to Queen Mary University portal , and funding for PA studies I am looking to get through England Student Finance
Original post by zara_14555
thanks
Hi everyone, I'm looking at applying for Jan 2021. Out of interest how many people here (if any) went straight from their undergraduate to applying/getting a place on the PA course?

or do most people on the course have a couple years of work experience?

Any responses would be sooooo helpful!
Thanks!
Original post by mollysofia
Hi everyone, I'm looking at applying for Jan 2021. Out of interest how many people here (if any) went straight from their undergraduate to applying/getting a place on the PA course?

Thanks!

I went straight from undergrad and found it rather easily to apply. I am currently studying at QMUL for physician associate studies, so if that is your aim to go straight from undergrad...then you should do it.
Original post by mollysofia

Thanks!

Hello! I don't know if this is helpful but I went straight from my undergraduate in Psychology with Neuroscience to getting a place on the PA course at Plymouth University this year without much work experience :smile:
Reply 13
I went straight from undergrad and found it rather easily to apply. I am currently studying at QMUL for physician associate studies, so if that is your aim to go straight from undergrad...then you should do it.

Hey,
I am interested in applying for the jan 2021 entry for QMUL. How was the application process for qmul? Also, how much clinical work experience did you have prior to your application. I am currently unable to find any work experience or even a job as HCA and Im a little worried that my application doesnt involve enough clinical experience. Do you have any tips about the application process?
Thanks
Reply 14
Hi guys!
Than you.

Hey guys, Im applying for the jan 2021 entry. Is anyone else also applying or has applied to the jan 2021 entry?
How was the interview? I applied for the PA masters like a month and a half ago for Jan 2021, still says
Reply 16
I'm looking to apply, although last minute for the Jan 2021 intake. Finger-crossed.
I applied long time ago 😹 July time !!!the wait is a killer !! Any ideas on selection day/ interview???
(edited 3 years ago)
hey, everyone i applied ages ago for jan start but i haven't heard anything from uni, has anyone else from them
Original post by atimsa
Hey guys, Im applying for the jan 2021 entry. Is anyone else also applying or has applied to the jan 2021 entry?

I have but haven't heard anything from them, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending