The Student Room Group

Resuming HNC Childhood Practice?

I’m returning to my course this year next week after a year out with working full time. I’ve only got to resit the units which I’ve failed which is half of the course as I passed the other half. This was also confirmed with several lecturers including curriculum lead. Although I logged in to discover I have to resit even the ones I’ve passed?! How’s that even possible? My mind is blown as I haven’t been told that I have to resit an entire year- surely its a clerical error. 😭💀
Original post by Chillfae
I’m returning to my course this year next week after a year out with working full time. I’ve only got to resit the units which I’ve failed which is half of the course as I passed the other half. This was also confirmed with several lecturers including curriculum lead. Although I logged in to discover I have to resit even the ones I’ve passed?! How’s that even possible? My mind is blown as I haven’t been told that I have to resit an entire year- surely its a clerical error. 😭💀

That is up to the uni.

If you wanted to use the previous credits then the results are likely to be capped at 40%, so maybe a fresh start is what needed?
If you think its an error then contact the course leader.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
That is up to the uni.

If you wanted to use the previous credits then the results are likely to be capped at 40%, so maybe a fresh start is what needed?
If you think its an error then contact the course leader.

This is for college and my current level for the course stands at 51%. I emailed the course leader who is responsible for claiming I only who had to pick up where I left from in email.. Yeah hope things work out thanks
Original post by Chillfae
This is for college and my current level for the course stands at 51%. I emailed the course leader who is responsible for claiming I only who had to pick up where I left from in email.. Yeah hope things work out thanks

It could be an error. Only the course leader can tell you. It could be admin misunderstand and that a transfer of credits has not taken place..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending