The Student Room Group

It’s national Fish and Chips Day!

What’s your go to order from a chippy?

Mine has to be either a battered sausage or fish with scallops and chips all covered in scraps :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca216
What’s your go to order from a chippy?

Mine has to be either a battered sausage or fish with scallops and chips all covered in scraps :tongue:

either battered cod and chips or a couple of fish cakes and chips
Chips with mushy peas or curry sauce.

Fish (Haddock), fishcake and roe. Chips and curry sauce . Ages since have been to the chippy. Not as plentiful as they used to be.
Cheese burger and chips normally :giggle:
Breadcrumbed fish if its fish, I used to be able to eat battered fish but I think it got too greasy to eat :frown:
Reply 5
Scraps are the best 😋
I don’t get fish usually, so just order chips with scraps on top, although not many ppl ask for scraps now 😧
Chips! :woo: Extra vinegar! :woo:
Reply 7
I had a haddock and chips in Cornwall a few days ago that was so goddamn good I feel sad about my future fish and chips prospects.
I don't like vinegar on my chips though
[video="youtube;64AeCUyR1TY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64AeCUyR1TY[/video]
Chicken nuggets and chips. :cool:
EMFC.jpg
Jumbo sausage with chips and gravy or a chip bap.
Reply 11
Original post by macy_m
Scraps are the best 😋
I don’t get fish usually, so just order chips with scraps on top, although not many ppl ask for scraps now 😧

Where I’m from you have to ask if you don’t want them :lol: they usually put them on automatically...they are the best though :tongue:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
Where I’m from you have to ask if you don’t want them :lol: they usually put them on automatically...they are the best though :tongue:

If only they did that over here 😔
Battered fish and chips with mushy peas. Or chips and curry.
Cod and chips ofc! My local shop also does kebab and stuff, so we buy donor kebab too.
:borat:
So many options and so little time, I'm not great at making decisions while surrounded by all those lovely choices. But my main three are: fish and chips, burger and chips or battered sausage and chips.

What are scraps? Sorry :redface:
Reply 17
Fish and chips or battered sausage and chips. Sometimes with curry sauce and/or cheese too! 🤤
(edited 3 years ago)
Cheesey chips with curry sauce. :u:
Original post by PeacefulAngel
What are scraps? Sorry :redface:

The little bits of batter that get dripped into the fryer when the fish is put in.

--
Battered cod (or haddock) & chips drowned in vinegar with tartar sauce. Sometimes ill get some curry sauce to dip chips.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest