The Student Room Group

Best employers for Digital and Technology Solutions apprenticeships

I'm looking at applying for a number of Digital and Technology Solutions apprenticeships. I've found a lot online, but was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations?
Original post by EMZX
I'm looking at applying for a number of Digital and Technology Solutions apprenticeships. I've found a lot online, but was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations?

Hi - I'm about to start a Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship this September. If you're looking to apply for places this September it's likely most positions have been taken up or applications have ended now. However you should definitely look and apply if there are any places left. There will likely be plenty of spaces in 2021. I strongly recommend it as it provides you with a salary and you'll have the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and a degree with no debt. Most employers also recognise the Digital Technology solutions degree as they will value your work experience. You also have the opportunity to progress within the company. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by helloman1
Hi - I'm about to start a Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship this September. If you're looking to apply for places this September it's likely most positions have been taken up or applications have ended now. However you should definitely look and apply if there are any places left. There will likely be plenty of spaces in 2021. I strongly recommend it as it provides you with a salary and you'll have the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and a degree with no debt. Most employers also recognise the Digital Technology solutions degree as they will value your work experience. You also have the opportunity to progress within the company. Hope that helps :smile:

Awesome - yes i'm looking to apply for September 2021, hopefully some things will open up for applications soon!
Original post by EMZX

List updated 02/02/2021 - I will add more when I find them. Hopefully, you are finding this useful.

The government have a work and pensions one going with very high pay (no longer existing) - https://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=digital%20and%20technology&l&vjk=5202291f119a830d

Other big companies that provide the digital and technology solutions apprenticeships include:

MI5/6
Facebook (Meta)
Goldman Sachs
Shell
BBC
BAE
Unilever
Virgin Media
CGI
KPMG
JP Morgan
Nationwide
HSBC
Lloyds
HMRC
Sky
Barclays
IBM
Airbus
Bloomberg (level 4)
BT
Ford
SSE
Amazon
Jacobs
GCHQ
Jaguar land rover
Google (level 4)
QA
UBS
BP
Cisco
Just eat
Accenture
Citi
NHS
Bank of America
Bentley
Deutsche Bank
AstraZeneca
Vodafone
DSTL
Babcock
Roke
Experian

Smaller names and ones I'm not sure if they are continuous schemes or one-off intakes

Department of work and pensions
Cabinet Office
360 systems
IMDb
Aviva

Please like this, it took me a while!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
The government have a work and pensions one going with very high pay (https://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=digital%20and%20technology&l&vjk=5202291f119a830d)

Other big companies that provide the digital and technology solutions apprenticeships include:

MI5/6
Facebook (do a higher)
Goldman Sachs
Shell
BBC
BAE
Unilever
Virgin Media
CGI
KPMG
JP Morgan
Nationwide
HSBC
Lloyds
HMRC
Sky
Barclays
IBM
Airbus
Bloomberg
BT
Ford
SSE

Please like this, took me a while!

wow! thanks so much for taking the time to prepare this list! Hopefully I'll have some luck with these. I'm finding I'm based in the wrong part of the country for the ones that interest me the most haha.
Original post by EMZX
wow! thanks so much for taking the time to prepare this list! Hopefully I'll have some luck with these. I'm finding I'm based in the wrong part of the country for the ones that interest me the most haha.

The government have a work and pensions one going with very high pay (https://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=digital%20and%20technology&l&vjk=5202291f119a830d)

MI5/6
Facebook (do a higher)
Goldman Sachs
Shell
BBC
BAE
Unilever
Virgin Media
CGI
KPMG
JP Morgan
Nationwide
HSBC
Lloyds
HMRC
Sky
Barclays
IBM
Airbus
Bloomberg
BT
Ford
SSE

Please like this, took me a while!

I saw that DWP job and was shocked at how high the salary was, thought it was a mistake at first, but a regular software engineer seems to earn around 45k at dwp so the high salay seems a bit more plausible. I imagine its part of the governments plan to get more attention on apprenticeships with a very good thing.
personally id still recommend an apprenticeship with google, facebook or amazon as they have similar starting salary (30k), but will without a doubt end up higher than dwp in the long run.

some others that do digital and technology solutions / software engineering apprenticeships:

amazon
accenture
google
just eat
citi
cisco
UBS
BP
Reply 6
Original post by Gent2324
I saw that DWP job and was shocked at how high the salary was, thought it was a mistake at first, but a regular software engineer seems to earn around 45k at dwp so the high salay seems a bit more plausible. I imagine its part of the governments plan to get more attention on apprenticeships with a very good thing.
personally id still recommend an apprenticeship with google, facebook or amazon as they have similar starting salary (30k), but will without a doubt end up higher than dwp in the long run.

some others that do digital and technology solutions / software engineering apprenticeships:

amazon
accenture
google
just eat
citi
cisco
UBS
BP

Did you apply to the DWP apprenticeship?
Original post by Nomad96
Did you apply to the DWP apprenticeship?

no
List updated 02/02/2021 - I will add more when I find them. Hopefully, you are finding this useful.
The government have a work and pensions one going with very high pay (no longer existing) - https://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=digital%20and%20technology&l&vjk=5202291f119a830d
MI5/6
Facebook (Meta)
Goldman Sachs
Shell
BBC
BAE
Unilever
Virgin Media
CGI
KPMG
JP Morgan
Nationwide
HSBC
Lloyds
HMRC
Sky
Barclays
IBM
Airbus
Bloomberg (level 4)
BT
Ford
SSE
Amazon
Jacobs
GCHQ
Jaguar land rover
Google (level 4)
QA
UBS
BP
Cisco
Just eat
Accenture
Citi
NHS
Bank of America
Bentley
Deutsche Bank
AstraZeneca
Vodafone
DSTL
Babcock
Roke
Experian
Smaller names and ones I'm not sure if they are continuous schemes or one-off intakes
Department of work and pensions
Cabinet Office
360 systems
IMDb
Aviva
Please like this, it took me a while!

hey i received a degree apprenticeship offer in DTS from GSK, Thales and Roche Products. Would any of them be up there with those companies?
Original post by Gent2324
amazon
accenture
google
just eat
citi
cisco
UBS
BP

hey i received a degree apprenticeship offer in DTS from GSK, Thales and Roche Products. Would any of them be up there with those companies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending