I'm in year 13 AMA

Just started year 13 and i'm taking maths, furthermaths, physics and economics
Reply 1
How are you finding it so far
Reply 2
Original post by Ten-Ten
How are you finding it so far

we have started learning year 13 content so we get homework for that
then I also need to revise for end of year 12 mocks which are in about a week now
and then I have just set up a login for ucas and have that to do as well as our school gave us a deadline to get some of the sections completed

so kind of stressful tbh lol
Reply 3
Pretty decent I guess
I'll give it a 7.5/10
Reply 4
Original post by m.s124
we have started learning year 13 content so we get homework for that
then I also need to revise for end of year 12 mocks which are in about a week now
and then I have just set up a login for ucas and have that to do as well as our school gave us a deadline to get some of the sections completed

so kind of stressful tbh lol

Is taking 4 a levels not hard
Reply 5
Original post by m.s124

What grades did you get in GCSEs? Is the coursework for maths, further maths and physics heavy? Does it require a LOT of time? Is it hard to handle?
Reply 6
Original post by Ten-Ten
Is taking 4 a levels not hard

I find it quite hard and am considering dropping furthermaths but have to wait to see what I get in the mocks
Reply 7
Original post by m.s124
I find it quite hard and am considering dropping furthermaths but have to wait to see what I get in the mocks

ooooooh
Reply 8
Original post by jaxp
What grades did you get in GCSEs? Is the coursework for maths, further maths and physics heavy? Does it require a LOT of time? Is it hard to handle?

I was shocked when I got my GCSE results I got six 9's four 8's and an A* but was predicted mainly 5/6/7s so I guess hard work does pay off lol

I dont really revise normal maths and spend more time on further maths
Physics is fine only after ive banged out lots of practice questions

It does require a lot of time most of my life is just a levels tbh but I enjoy these subjects so its alright
At first it was VERY hard to handle especially with a part-time job but bc of lockdown I was able to catch up lol
The subject that I do that has the most content is economics if im honest. my other three I just spend my time on practice questions
Reply 9
Original post by Ten-Ten
ooooooh

Are you also taking a levels this year?
Original post by m.s124
Are you also taking a levels this year?

Yup. No clue when my mocks are, don’t know my predicted grades. I have everything sorted on ucas but feel like I’m gonna have to change all my options if my predicted grades are trash. My economics teacher barely speaks English and I don’t know when she’ll start teaching us the yr 13 content. Overall I thought I had it all together but now I’m just a confused shrimp 🍤
Reply 11
Original post by Ten-Ten
Yup. No clue when my mocks are, don’t know my predicted grades. I have everything sorted on ucas but feel like I’m gonna have to change all my options if my predicted grades are trash. My economics teacher barely speaks English and I don’t know when she’ll start teaching us the yr 13 content. Overall I thought I had it all together but now I’m just a confused shrimp 🍤

My advice will be continue revising year 12 content (in case they announce mocks randomly) and so you can get the best predicted grades you can
and also start on year 13 content yourself. its good to get ahead.

if it makes you feel any better my physics teacher is stuck in Cameroon for the next two weeks so the whole class is just going through the textbook learning year 13 content ourselves lol

At least you have your ucas sorted-ish :smile:
Good luck!!
Original post by m.s124
My advice will be continue revising year 12 content (in case they announce mocks randomly) and so you can get the best predicted grades you can
and also start on year 13 content yourself. its good to get ahead.

if it makes you feel any better my physics teacher is stuck in Cameroon for the next two weeks so the whole class is just going through the textbook learning year 13 content ourselves lol

At least you have your ucas sorted-ish :smile:
Good luck!!

Thank you and good luck to you too!
Original post by m.s124

I'm doing the same subjects and I just started year 12! Any tips??

Quick Reply

Latest