The Student Room Group

Negative but postive all of a sudden.

hi,

A friend of mine has been going through a hard time for a while now and she has been telling me all about it and how its made her feel so low and anxious but yesterday she text and it was a postive one, all of a sudden she is saying things like 'you have to trust that life only gets better and that happiness is just around the corner and that God will make things work out in the end'

Should I be concerned with this mood change of hers?
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

A friend of mine has been going through a hard time for a while now and she has been telling me all about it and how its made her feel so low and anxious but yesterday she text and it was a postive one, all of a sudden she is saying things like 'you have to trust that life only gets better and that happiness is just around the corner and that God will make things work out in the end'

Should I be concerned with this mood change of hers?

if she's not showing any signs of doing anything silly then I wouldn't worry too much and would hope that she's having a good day.
She's probably just feeling good about herself and her situation you could always have a chat with her.
Maybe she's realised she's been a bit of a downer in your conversations so she tried to overcompensate by sounding a bit strange when trying to express she's having a good day.

If it starts to appear she's very up and down and not able to manage her emotions then that's something that should raise concern.
It could be somewhat concerning- keep a careful watch on other strange behaviour changes. Most likely it’s nothing but best to be caredul
My friend is like that too she’s usually super negative, complaining about something and she hasn’t complained about anything but it’s because she’s talking to this guy so I think that might be the reason.
Reply 6
Maybe she's realised she's been a bit of a downer in your conversations so she tried to overcompensate by sounding a bit strange when trying to express she's having a good day.

If it starts to appear she's very up and down and not able to manage her emotions then that's something that should raise concern.

If she's very up and down, if some days she's negative and other days she says things like 'sorry about what i said earlier, im fine now, im trying to find joy in little things'
Why would being up and down likely to be a concern?

Thank you for your answer
Reply 7
Original post by bluemuffin
It could be somewhat concerning- keep a careful watch on other strange behaviour changes. Most likely it’s nothing but best to be caredul

In your opinion if some days they're negative and other days they try to pretend their fine and act like nothing negative is going on in their lives- why would that be concerning?
If she's very up and down, if some days she's negative and other days she says things like 'sorry about what i said earlier, im fine now, im trying to find joy in little things'
Why would being up and down likely to be a concern?

Thank you for your answer

Well that would be a sign of someone who isn't able to regular their emotions properly. Could be a hormonal imbalance, they could have something going on in their home life which actually does mean she can have very good vs. very bad days alternating frequently or a mental health issue like Bipolar. At the same time, she could be insecure about or not understanding her feelings very well and so she speaks but then regrets talking about the lows so tries to camouflage with the good.

How old are you guys? If you're worried worried then let her know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending