hi guys
i need urgent help
i cannot decide if i should do biomedical science
how is the work load ?
is it too hard?
is there an easier science course
how difficult is it to get a first on the course
please guide me in AS DETAIL as possible of doing bio med in uni

I appreciate where you are coming from with these questions, but I'm not sure they are the right ones, or how easy they really are to answer-it depends on the person.

What are YOU interested in personally? What other courses are you considering? Ultimately there aren't many "easy" science degrees-the ones you will find easier than others will be the ones you personally enjoy studying more.

Workload will depend on which university in particular you go to, which course you choose etc. I'd say typically you should be expecting at least 10 hours a week of lectures/seminars/tutorials etc, plus all the extra work you have to put in outside of that will need to be added on top. As for getting a 1st, its as difficult to get a 1st on this course as it is on any other course, but again if its something you really want to study, you give yourself a better chance of excelling.
hi guys
i am considering graduate entry medicine
for that i have to do an undergraduate degree first and considering of biomedical science
what other degrees are best for GEM
also, are your gcse and a levels considered alot for GEM
i didn't get the best grades in gcse due to certain medical reasons hence i am doing btec applied science and a level business
can i still redeem myself by getting a first or that wont work ?
how significantly do a level and gcse matter ?
thank you
i am just interested in science more in biology than chemistry
i do not have specific intreets for 1 particular type of science
hence i wanna know as best as i can about biomed before i have
seen videos too
but i am scared i wont understand such hard content and be able to cope
with the work load because teachers do not chase you in uni like in school and the help is limited
how i am i supposed to be on top of my work if i do not understand anything ?
i am trying to apply for GEM so a first would be important
(i have uploaded a question regarding biomed and medicine few mins ago if you can check that out )
thank you so much
i am currently in year 13
i am considering to do graduate entry medicne
and hoping to get a first in bio-med
however i do betc applied science and a level business
in gcse i didn't have the best grades due to certain medical reasons . if i receive a first in bio-med and good work experience do i have chance in studying gem at Cambridge or i should drop the dream to pursue gem at Cambridge.
i really hope there is still a way of ending up doing medicine in Cambridge
thank you
I will be addressing some confusions and concern I have and hopefully you can help me through deciding as its quite difficult and stressful.

I am currently in year 13 and wanting to pursue medicine
unfortunately, I didn't get the best grades at GCSE and level hence I am doing BTEC applied level 3 national diploma in science and A level business
because of this I would have to do the graduate entry route just like yourself

I have 2 problems

1st problem

I am not sure whether to pick biomed as I have heard (from your videos as well) it's quite tough and work load is quite heavy as someone who has already fell behind due to a level and GCSE I have to get a first to maximise my chances of entry to GEM
I am extremely l worried about what I would do if I am sitting there not understanding anything as someone who suffers from chronic migraines, I have to take that into account in regards with the heavy work load
I am so worried that I won enjoy it as I am doing it as a means to get into GEM
I don't understand what to do I haven't even started my personal statement that's due in 1 month because I cannot decide what to do

2nd problem

GEM is said to be more competitive than normal undergrad medicine
do you think having a first as well as good work experience will compensate for the fact that i couldn't perform my best at as well and a level?
I do not want to waste these 3 or 4 years if I don't end up doing GEM as I do not want to be a scientist doing this because I like biology and want to get accepted in gem
please help me I have been struggling to make a mind for a long time now and I have to take a decision fast
thank you so much
apologies it's a long message
thank you so much !
can please provide me some more detail in regards to the questions I have raised above
:smile:
thank you ,
i am 19 right now already a year older than everyone taking a gap year will mean i apply when i am 21 and graduate at 26 and doing GEM would be the same age so why put more stress of doing a levels when i can get a first and apply somewhere they don't look at a levels and GCSE rather than going back shouldn't I step forward and try my absolute best with undergrad and work experience ?
you were the only person that has responded so how are 3, 4 people telling ?

ps- you have to understand that I am very very worried I apologise for being repetitive because I genuinely didn't realise the reason why I posted similar questions was because ones before weren't answered properly and I had few other new queries on top , i am extremely stressed out that my years would go in to vain I am really trying to make this work work outgoing back a step and through GEM
its the fear of getting rejected and wasting 3 years that gets to me aswell
thank you so much
Okay thank you so much I will consider re doing a levels
just a levels right ?
and can you please send me a link or guide me how that happenes where do i resit and when how much time do.i have?
do.i get taught the stuff or all down to me to learn
also getting As at a level is hard aswell just like getting into gem would be .. I come back to the same point.. if I don't get As in a levels despite resitting them then I can't do much anyways .. It's like very road is risky and dangerous there is chance of failure no matter what route I take how do i decide which one is less risky i can't i think . I feel like I will just have to step up and try my best with what I have ahead of me because getting straight As is in itself difficult just like a first or passing med school exams my chance of getting As is lower as I didn't do much well at GCSE. ( I had epilepsy migraines and seizures that pulled me down?)
Original post by samantha joseph
hi guys
i need urgent help
i cannot decide if i should do biomedical science
how is the work load ?
is it too hard?
is there an easier science course
how difficult is it to get a first on the course
please guide me in AS DETAIL as possible of doing bio med in uni

Hi, i am a student of biomedical science at london metropolitan university and honestly, the course is great. at london met they offer the traditional 3-year course and the entry requirements are a minimum of 112 points from 3 a levels including a C in biology and at least one other science subject from maths, chem, physics or psychology. you can find more details about the different qualifications on the course webpage.

however, if you do not hold a traditional qualifications or do not meet the entry requirements you can apply for the 4-year course that has a built-in foundation year. you can also find the entry requirements on the course webpage. It's much more attainable and it is great for preparing you for the next few years in the course. you learn a lot more in the foundation year and in a lot more depth than at a level. I actually did the foundation year and honestly, it was great for meeting new people and learning how university life works. it also helped prepare me to progress into the first year of the course as I felt I had a good base of knowledge from the foundation year. the work load is manageable as long as you keep yourself up to date with work and lectures and your notes. if you keep organised you shouldn't have anything to worry about. this goes for your query about how hard it is to achieve a first. if you keep on top of your work and are constantly studying and doing your notes to a good standard then you should be able to achieve a first no problem. It's all about your work ethic!

if you have any more questions please feel free to ask and I hope this helped!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending