The Student Room Group

Bank of England Degree Apprenticeship Programme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TragicGrades101
What are the assessments like and could you please give feedback on what the interview was like after? Thank you

did i not send u the link lol
https://www.trytalentq.com/
click 'Select Practice Test'
click any of the tests
these are almost identical to the real one
Bank of england runs the website
Reply 21
Original post by enzymeeaters
click any of the tests

Yeah, the real assessment and the practice assessments are on the same website I believe.
Original post by enzymeeaters
click any of the tests

Yes but it kept saying forbidden 404 I'll try it on my laptop tho!
Reply 23
Hi Does anyone have any tips for the CV thank you x
Original post by diana2018
Hi all!
I've also applied to the BoE economics DA alongside some other DAs and uni itself. :biggrin:
Already submitted my assessments (chile, the logic one is... something) and got an email to do a video interview (one-sided) so let me know if you have any qs about it up until that point of course.
Diana xx

Hi, Whats the tests like?
What are the assessments like and could you please give feedback on what the interview was like after? Thank you

Original post by abdulthegreat20
Hi, Whats the tests like?

enzymeeater has put a practice link up but it’s alright, just maths logic and verbal reasoning. maths you have to work out the answers to questions, logic is sorting out patterns and sequences and verbal reasoning is reading a text and answering a question about it. you’ll get a practice question before the real one. it’s not bad but the timed conditions put pressure.

the interview is one sided on camera so you get a video of them asking a question then you get some time to think about it before recording your answers. mainly about your competencies and the bank itself

still awaiting a response :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by diana2018
enzymeeater has put a practice link up but it’s alright, just maths logic and verbal reasoning. maths you have to work out the answers to questions, logic is sorting out patterns and sequences and verbal reasoning is reading a text and answering a question about it. you’ll get a practice question before the real one. it’s not bad but the timed conditions put pressure.

the interview is one sided on camera so you get a video of them asking a question then you get some time to think about it before recording your answers. mainly about your competencies and the bank itself

still awaiting a response :smile:

do u have to video record ur answers? or just sound record
Original post by khanjra
do u have to video record ur answers? or just sound record

it only works if you enable video recording
I’ve heard the system has AI that detects your body language but not sure how true that is
Reply 28
Could you perhaps say what questions you were asked in particular in the video interview?
Original post by Aki678
Could you perhaps say what questions you were asked in particular in the video interview?

I don't remember the exact questions but mostly competency based with one on the bank itself.

If I remember correctly, teamwork and time management were mentioned and I cannot remember the rest.
For the bank one, just do research and be prepared to talk about what you know about the bank.
You'll have two questions that aren't marked to get comfortable on camera. I think one is introduce yourself and the other something you're passionate about.
I just finished my video interview, they said they would contact me after the deadline for that task, any idea when that is?
hi, do you know how long it takes for them to respond after the online assessments? when did they invite you to an online interview?
Original post by tia230201
hi, do you know how long it takes for them to respond after the online assessments? when did they invite you to an online interview?

hey! here's the timeline of my application:
Application sent: Oct 14
Online Assessments received: Oct 14
Online Assessments sent: Oct 19
Online Interview received: Oct 19
Online Interview sent: Oct 19

Original post by Baratheon5
I just finished my video interview, they said they would contact me after the deadline for that task, any idea when that is?

hey! I read they'll get back to us about our video interviews when they have closed the applications, so I assume from the 15th of January onwards. Such a long wait, eek! Somehow I'm feeling somewhat confident but it depends on the other applicants not just on me! How did you find it?
Original post by diana_rita
hey! here's the timeline of my application:
Application sent: Oct 14
Online Assessments received: Oct 14
Online Assessments sent: Oct 19
Online Interview received: Oct 19
Online Interview sent: Oct 19

hey! I read they'll get back to us about our video interviews when they have closed the applications, so I assume from the 15th of January onwards. Such a long wait, eek! Somehow I'm feeling somewhat confident but it depends on the other applicants not just on me! How did you find it?

oh woah you must be a very strong candidate !!! congrats !!
Original post by tia230201
oh woah you must be a very strong candidate !!! congrats !!

thank you! i think the assessments are auto marked but i dont think you need amazing results in them because i feel like i flopped two of them. when did you send them in because the weekend may have added a delay to you getting the video interview details.
Original post by diana_rita
thank you! i think the assessments are auto marked but i dont think you need amazing results in them because i feel like i flopped two of them. when did you send them in because the weekend may have added a delay to you getting the video interview details.

I only finished them today so I think I am overreacting a bit ahaha. I definitely think I flopped some but I guess I just need to be patient in waiting for results. Did you get any feedback on them?
Hoops you did well, what type of questions were they?

hi, i applied for the Digital and IT DA

i applied a couple of weeks ago... i don't really remember the assessments very well but i remember thinking they were quite difficult, especially the maths one (but maths isn't my strong point). somehow i passed this stage and did an interview and it was kinda crazy but fingers crossed it went well!
I started my application and did the tests. Definitely recommend doing practice on them because they're quite mind intensive
Reply 39
Hi could anyone help me ? On the personal information page it keeps saying no items correspond to the specified criteria. Please select other criteria. I have no idea what that means and everything is filled out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending