The Student Room Group

When do you think corona will end

On a real note when do we think corona is going to end concerts and festivals have been selling tickets for April onwards.

After lockdown number 2 will everything go back to normal ?

What can we expect to see ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably when and if the vaccine comes out, even then people will refuse to take it because bIll GatEs Go TraCk me
Original post by dylgeo
Probably when and if the vaccine comes out, even then people will refuse to take it because bIll GatEs Go TraCk me

To be fair, not everyone who is refusing to have the vaccine will be doing so because of the Bill Gates nonsense. I've already decided I won't be having the vaccine. Why? Because I don't have faith in a process which has been massively sped up. Testing vaccines properly takes years, not a few months, and so I'm not going to put something in my body which hasn't been properly tested.
Original post by toronto353
To be fair, not everyone who is refusing to have the vaccine will be doing so because of the Bill Gates nonsense. I've already decided I won't be having the vaccine. Why? Because I don't have faith in a process which has been massively sped up. Testing vaccines properly takes years, not a few months, and so I'm not going to put something in my body which hasn't been properly tested.

Lets hope you have a choice :smile:
Original post by StriderHort
Lets hope you have a choice :smile:

Trust me, that's what concerns me more, not having a choice.
Reply 5
Dunno, I got rid of my crystal ball a while ago.

In all seriousness nobody knows. Some people said all of this would be over by end of April and look where we are.
Reply 6
Original post by toronto353

This.

At our age we have the advantage of time even if it never goes away so I'll wait until the end of the vaccine rollout so I can see the analysis of any I'll effects.

Original post by princessxo10
On a real note when do we think corona is going to end concerts and festivals have been selling tickets for April onwards.

Likely not much before the end of 2021 as a vaccine rolls out and restrictions are lifted.

Events have not been opened at all since March so I'd expect them to be cancelled or capacity limited driving up the price.

The key difference now is that over time we are gradually increasing testing and finding out which measures are most successful in controlling the virus however without becoming a China style police state we won't kill the virus completely.
Original post by Rakas21
This.

At our age we have the advantage of time even if it never goes away so I'll wait until the end of the vaccine rollout so I can see the analysis of any I'll effects.

This is pretty much my plan as well. It's been said the first version will be imperfect which, to be honest, raises even more alarm bells for me.
Don't forget that viruses evolve and mutate. It may come after the young and healthy before it's finished.

Have you met it's cousin Covid 26.

As for adverse vaccine reactions they can come months or years after introduction. And, of course, it may be person specific rather than an artefact of the vaccine.

"we won't kill the virus completely"
No indeed not. After all the Black Death virus still exists in the wild.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by princessxo10

If we repeat this year again: lockdown for 1 month, then back to normal, infection rate will rise again a few months later.

So, if the government has a lockdown in November, then removes it for December, then in March/April, infection rate will rise again, resulting in another lockdown in April/May for another month. This is almost insanity: doing the same thing over again, and expecting different results. If the government continues to repeat their previous action with no change, they will continue to get the same result: infections rising after a few months.

The best time would be waiting for a vaccine. Even if one is made in June 2021, then it would take many years to distribute all the vaccines to everyone in the world before this goes away. Yes, all 7 billion of us would need to be vaccinated to completely eradicate this virus. Why? if a single person has the virus, and infects another person, they may infect another 2, then 4, then 6. Similar to how it started in the Chinese fish market, it would repeat continuously, until entirely eradicated. Remember: at some point, only one person had this virus in the world. So unless no one has it, then everyone can still get it.

To distribute 7 billion vaccines, you are looking at 2023 to 2024 at the earliest to guarantee entire protection and complete removal of the virus. If any infected person travels to this country, the whole chain starts again, repeating the infection rise.

Now, here is where things begins to get scary:

Let's suppose we have a vaccine, that vaccinates all 7 billion of us. We do not know:
1) How long does this vaccine protect us? 2 months? 1 week? 2 years?
2) Can you infect others while vaccinated, despite your body fighting infection?
3) If the virus mutates, will those vaccinated still be protected?
4) Are there multiple versions of this virus between countries? If so, does a vaccine provide protection against all versions?

If the vaccine only protects for 3 months. Then, if it takes 5 months to vaccinate everyone, there's a chance some vaccines will lose their protection after 3 months, resulting in re-infected people. If it protects us for a time too short, then by the time the world is vaccinated, the vaccine may not work.

Thus, a vaccine must be combined with lockdown and isolation; a vaccine on its own is not sufficient to eradicate the pandemic, but it is necessary. To summarise, the pandemic, combined with a vaccine, may never go away, unless further intervention is made, such as isolation, lockdown, closing travel between countries, while a pandemic continues to loom ahead.

I fear, a vaccine could result in more infections, not less. You see, a vaccine for many, is a buzzword. It's a "protection", it's a "I can do what I want." You see, I fear many will become complacent. They will feel they are now "immune" to the virus, when, those who aren't vaccinated will still be infected. In other words: it depends entirely on the actions of the government, whether others follow the rules, and how many people travel between countries.
(edited 3 years ago)
I think it will be around for a long time yet
In 3 years,or more. (:
at this rate the goverment is trying to kill all of my teenage years and young adult years
when i am officially a housewife or sat on a bed unable to get up will then the restrictions rise.
my life has been a waste of experiences
true but u dont need to be that negative about it
Original post by noory27
at this rate the goverment is trying to kill all of my teenage years and young adult years
when i am officially a housewife or sat on a bed unable to get up will then the restrictions rise.
my life has been a waste of experiences

12 years? It won't be that long...
Original post by Vapordave
12 years? It won't be that long...

feels like mr joris bohnson is trying to drag it out to be that long at this rate
I feel til early to mid-2021
Coronavirus will not end. The record on eliminating viruses is not strong. We will live with the virus when the majority of people have been infected. The lockdowns slow the rate of infection and prolong the pandemic. The early vaccines will reduce the severity of the infection. Life will return to normality when most people have been infected and the weak have died.
I don't really think it will go away but hopefully we'll have vaccines by late spring 2021.
This ***** gonna get a lot worse than better watchh

Quick Reply

Latest