The Student Room Group

AFP Interviews

Hey everyone, I am planning on applying for the AFP for 2021 entry.
The interviews should be held in October 2020 - Does anyone have any idea when one should start preparing, and how to structure preparation?
Thank you!
Are you doing something research based or academic or leadership based? Think about why you want to do it, and what you would want to do it in [ie specialty] and then have a good look at the websites of the different academic offers.
If it says somewhere what any of the white space application questions are, use them to plan out answers .
Reply 2
Hey thank you for your reply! Yes that's definitely what i've started to do. In terms of the research critical appraisal and emergency scenario interviews, how early do you recommend starting? And any good resources out there for these two?
is anyone doing scotland afp and got an interview? if so - dm me! i'm in this position and would love to speak to someone about it
Hey, does anyone have any advice for Wales AFP interview? They don’t specify If you are interviewing for a research, educational or leadership post so do you have to prepare for all 3?
Reply 5
Hi @umbrellaacadamy mine is next week! Do you know what the format of the interview is like? Not sure if they present you with a paper or make you speak about one you know of already
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by m.gil96
Hi @umbrellaacadamy mine is next week! Do you know what the format of the interview is like? Not sure if they present you with a paper or make you speak about one you know of already

Same! I'm really not sure - dm me and we can speak about it more in detail?
Has anyone heard anything from South West/Severn yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, does anyone have any advice for Wales AFP interview? They don’t specify If you are interviewing for a research, educational or leadership post so do you have to prepare for all 3?

You would have ranked the jobs available when you applied, they have details available on the Wales foundation school website of what the jobs actually entail. The majority I think are research AFPs :-)
Original post by Consigliere89
You would have ranked the jobs available when you applied, they have details available on the Wales foundation school website of what the jobs actually entail. The majority I think are research AFPs :-)

Thank you. I will focus on preparing for a research post.
Reply 10
Original post by Consigliere89
Has anyone heard anything from South West/Severn yet?

Nope still haven't heard anything!
Anyone heard back from Oxford?
Original post by umbrellaacadamy
is anyone doing scotland afp and got an interview? if so - dm me! i'm in this position and would love to speak to someone about it

Hi! Was wondering if you share what the format of the interview was for you? Unfortunately their website hasn't really mentioned much other than it being a single station :/
Original post by m.gil96

Hi! Was wondering if you share what the format of the interview was for you? Unfortunately their website hasn't really mentioned much other than it being a single station :/
e

Original post by umbrellaacadamy

Hello! have you had your interviews? could you give some advice about the structure of them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending