The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE A level options

Hello, I’m currently in year 13. I’m stressing over my A level options and don’t know if they can even give me a chance to do economics at LSE.

I’m taking maths, chemistry and physics. I dropped further maths after AS.

Anyone who got into LSE with similar a level choices?
Applicants with AS FM have a roughly 40% chance of getting an LSE Econ offer (based on previous years’ data).

Your subjects are absolutely fine.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
Applicants with AS FM have a roughly 40% chance of getting an LSE Econ offer (based on previous years’ data).

Your subjects are absolutely fine.

Do you think I should do a gap year to finish off Further Maths or is that just unnecessary. Also is that subject choice good for other economics schools?
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think I should do a gap year to finish off Further Maths or is that just unnecessary. Also is that subject choice good for other economics schools?

Completely unnecessary. And yes, your subjects are fine for economics at any UK uni.
Reply 4
Original post by LeapingLucy
Completely unnecessary. And yes, your subjects are fine for economics at any UK uni.

Ahh thank you so much. I was also wondering I have a friend who wants to do an AS next year since they didn’t do it in year 12 (biology) is it even possible for students to do an AS along with A2? I’m planning on going with him to ask about it but I was just wondering if it’s even possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending