The Student Room Group

Alevels - biology

Hi! I’m currently in year 11 and I’m going to choose what I want to take in A-levels. I was thinking about taking psychology, Biology and philosophy. Is biology hard as people make it out to be?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by chryssucks
Hi! I’m currently in year 11 and I’m going to choose what I want to take in A-levels. I was thinking about taking Law, Biology and philosophy. (Maybe psychology) I’m not too sure. Is biology hard as people make it out to be?

I'd say its very content heavy. there is a lot you need to memorise and then learn how to apply as the exam questions look for very specfic answers
Original post by summer044
I'd say its very content heavy. there is a lot you need to memorise and then learn how to apply as the exam questions look for very specfic answers

oh right okay, i really do enjoy the subject. what kind of topics do you cover?
Hi i currently do A level Biology and Psychology and I’m predicted As for both, I wouldn’t say it’s as hard as people say, at GCSE I did combined and got 66 so I’m not the brightest student but if you work at it I’m sure you can do well in any subject you put your mind to
Original post by hisokaaaa
Hi i currently do A level Biology and Psychology and I’m predicted As for both, I wouldn’t say it’s as hard as people say, at GCSE I did combined and got 66 so I’m not the brightest student but if you work at it I’m sure you can do well in any subject you put your mind to

Ah okay! Thinking about it, i might do Psychology, Biology and Philosophy. I also do combined higher and I enjoy biology a lot! also NICE NAME LMAO
Reply 5
Hi can anyone send me the 2019 AS AQA PAPER 1 BIOLOGY OR GIVE ME TH E TOPICS THAT CAME UP PLEASE!
Reply 6

Hi, can anyone send me 2019 AS AQA PAPER 1 BIOLOGY OR GIVE ME THE TOPICS THAT CAME UP PLEASE!
Reply 7

Hi, can anyone send me 2019 AS AQA PAPER 1 BIOLOGY OR GIVE ME THE TOPICS THAT CAME UP PLEASE!
Ah okay! Thinking about it, i might do Psychology, Biology and Philosophy. I also do combined higher and I enjoy biology a lot! also NICE NAME LMAO

Ahaha thanks! I hope you do well in whatever you do! Also I know some friends of mine who at the age of 16 picked odd a levels that don’t compliment eachother and now struggle to pick a degree to do. Plan early and don’t stress! You always have the choice of changing your A levels as well
Reply 9
oh right okay, i really do enjoy the subject. what kind of topics do you cover?

what exam board are you doing i'll tell you what topic you'll learn?
Ahaha thanks! I hope you do well in whatever you do! Also I know some friends of mine who at the age of 16 picked odd a levels that don’t compliment eachother and now struggle to pick a degree to do. Plan early and don’t stress! You always have the choice of changing your A levels as well

thank you so much! what kind of topics do you cover in psychology? whilst reading your message the only thing that came into my mind was “gooooooon goooooon”
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11

we’re doing AQA - for biology that is
(edited 3 years ago)
thank you so much! what kind of topics do you cover in psychology? whilst reading your message the only thing that came into my mind was “gooooooon goooooon”

😂😂😂😂 ahahahah! Well start really small by looking carbon which makes up a lot of our life like our body and food! As you move through the course you you learn about fats, carbs, proteins. Ecosystems, immune response, respiration, photosynthesis. It’s really interesting! At first it was overwhelming bc of how the info looked like on the page, but really after a week I was like 0.0 oHh this isn’t bad AT ALL.
Reply 14
we’re doing AQA - for biology that is

here is the link for the specification it lists the topics you will learn and the depth of them

https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/biology-7401-7402/specification-at-a-glance

skim through it and see if it appeals to you!
Tbh look at GCSEs. Are they hard? Alevels will be as equally as hard. People say alevels are a level up but don’t look at it that way. It will only be hard in the beginning because the content is new. Don’t worry about it. Just choose alevels you like. Biology is quite fun and interesting, I’ve heard that psychology is fun and some say it’s boring (but this is just according to others)
Good luck!
Original post by SparkleFace
Tbh look at GCSEs. Are they hard? Alevels will be as equally as hard. People say alevels are a level up but don’t look at it that way. It will only be hard in the beginning because the content is new. Don’t worry about it. Just choose alevels you like. Biology is quite fun and interesting, I’ve heard that psychology is fun and some say it’s boring (but this is just according to others)
Good luck!

Okay thank you! That genuinely makes me feel a whole lot better and relieves a bit of tension ahah
Hi! I’m currently in year 11 and I’m going to choose what I want to take in A-levels. I was thinking about taking psychology, Biology and philosophy. Is biology hard as people make it out to be?

no
Original post by xcvbvcx
no

okay

Quick Reply

Latest