The Student Room Group

BT Degree Apprenticeship Scheme 2021

Hi guys, how's everyone's applications going for this scheme? Has anyone heard anything back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If by BT you mean British Telecom, then most, if not all people that posted in the BT graduate scheme thread passed their video assessments. But everyone is now waiting for either a confirmation of getting an assessment centre or a rejection. As an educated guess, your scheme will probably be following a similar timeline.
Reply 2
Original post by 0le
If by BT you mean British Telecom, then most, if not all people that posted in the BT graduate scheme thread passed their video assessments. But everyone is now waiting for either a confirmation of getting an assessment centre or a rejection. As an educated guess, your scheme will probably be following a similar timeline.

Ah, thank you! I completed my video interview today so hopefully I will hear something soon.
Reply 3
I was going to do the video interview but I changed my mind. And apparently you have a week to do it from the time they sent the link so I’m probably too late
Reply 4
Original post by Ten-Ten
I was going to do the video interview but I changed my mind. And apparently you have a week to do it from the time they sent the link so I’m probably too late

how come you changed your mind? might be worth following the link and seeing whether they will still allow you to complete it:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by uv67
how come you changed your mind? might be worth following the link and seeing whether they will still allow you to complete it:smile:

I’ve done a video interview before, but something about this one just didn’t make me want to do it. Not sure why
Reply 6
Original post by Ten-Ten
I’ve done a video interview before, but something about this one just didn’t make me want to do it. Not sure why

It might be wise to do it just for the experience - it will help for roles you actually do want to apply for and you never know, maybe at the end of summer this will be the only role you get accepted for and you may have changed your mind.
Reply 7
Original post by 0le
It might be wise to do it just for the experience - it will help for roles you actually do want to apply for and you never know, maybe at the end of summer this will be the only role you get accepted for and you may have changed your mind.

Yeah but it’s too late now anyway
Reply 8
I completed my video interview last saturday and got an email today saying that I passed it!
Reply 9
Original post by weelolo
I completed my video interview last saturday and got an email today saying that I passed it!

ahh congratulations! which apprenticeship did you apply for?
Reply 10
Original post by weelolo

could you please tell me what questions they asked you, as I have my video interview in 2 days time. please I'm soooooo worried about not passing the interview.
Reply 11
Original post by uv67
ahh congratulations! which apprenticeship did you apply for?

Thanks! I applied for the software engineering program in Belfast
Reply 12
Original post by DrMousa
could you please tell me what questions they asked you, as I have my video interview in 2 days time. please I'm soooooo worried about not passing the interview.

Basically it was just why i want this job why would i be good for it. i remember the last one was when i did a task i didn't enjoy, why I didn't like and how i got through it. My video interview was all pre recorded answers and i didn't talk to an actual person during it but honestly be yourself and be genuine and passionate and you'll be fine, i felt like i was kinda nervous and rambling a bit
has anyone who passed the interview had any updates from bt? its been ages :frown: for reference i applied to the security software development apprenticeship
I have to do a video interview for BT this week. Any help, what questions is it and how long does it take, thanks
Original post by Mmoore7900
I have to do a video interview for BT this week. Any help, what questions is it and how long does it take, thanks

the questions are typical 'why bt?' and 'describe a time' questions. i think mine took me 45 mins
Does anyone know success rate after passed video interview stage or how many people make it past the video interview stage
Does anyone know success rate after passed video interview stage or how many people make it past the video interview stage

nope and most apprenticeships dont usually disclose this.
How long after you pass the video interview will you hear if you have got an assessment Center spot
How long after you pass the video interview will you hear if you have got an assessment Center spot

about a week ish. ACs run from march-june tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending