The Student Room Group

Geography Mock

I have my Mocks starting in January and I wanted to know what what is the AQA Geography mock, and how many did you do???
Hiya! I just had my first set of mocks in November and I do geography :smile: It really depends on your school and how much content you have covered. There are three papers (Physical geography, human geography and a geographical skills). I do AQA too and I think that they have got rid of the fieldwork specific questions due to the impact of covid on our education and not being able to do fieldwork.

In my mocks, I did all of a physical geography paper and most of human with some geographical skills in the human paper. This is because we had not learnt about the changing economic world so that was taken out of the human paper. I think you'll school will give you altered papers depending on what you have and have not learnt, if that makes sense :smile: I hope this helps and I am sure you're going to smash it. If you have any further questions feel free to drop me a message :biggrin:
Original post by laura.barrett13
Hiya! I just had my first set of mocks in November and I do geography :smile: It really depends on your school and how much content you have covered. There are three papers (Physical geography, human geography and a geographical skills). I do AQA too and I think that they have got rid of the fieldwork specific questions due to the impact of covid on our education and not being able to do fieldwork.

In my mocks, I did all of a physical geography paper and most of human with some geographical skills in the human paper. This is because we had not learnt about the changing economic world so that was taken out of the human paper. I think you'll school will give you altered papers depending on what you have and have not learnt, if that makes sense :smile: I hope this helps and I am sure you're going to smash it. If you have any further questions feel free to drop me a message :biggrin:

Hello and thansk for the reply. We have covered everything except from the field work. I just wanted to ask, were the questions difficult????
Original post by starshine1155
Hello and thansk for the reply. We have covered everything except from the field work. I just wanted to ask, were the questions difficult????

Well we might not be doing the same paper, we did 2018 past paper. It depends whether you have revised or not. Make sure you revise the case studies.
Original post by laura.barrett13
Well we might not be doing the same paper, we did 2018 past paper. It depends whether you have revised or not. Make sure you revise the case studies.

Quick Reply

Latest