The Student Room Group

How do I improve my GCSE Geography Grade?

In class before my mocks, I used to do really well scoring 9s and 8s on topic test but in the mocks I got a low 7 (almost a 6). I wanted advice on how I could revise and improve on my grades in Geography. Please recommend resources. Thank you : )

Board: AQA
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by masalachips
In class before my mocks, I used to do really well scoring 9s and 8s on topic test but in the mocks I got a low 7 (almost a 6). I wanted advice on how I could revise and improve on my grades in Geography. Please recommend resources. Thank you : )

Board: AQA

How have you been revising?

One of the most important things is knowing your case studies, you need information specific to those places - you shouldn't be able to stick the name of another place in and it still make sense.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
How have you been revising?

One of the most important things is knowing your case studies, you need information specific to those places - you shouldn't be able to stick the name of another place in and it still make sense.

To be honest, I haven't revised Geography at all. I don't know where to start. I've been revising everything else except geography (which was a dumb decision).
To be honest, I haven't revised Geography at all. I don't know where to start. I've been revising everything else except geography (which was a dumb decision).

I find flashcards with key facts and processes are very helpful. I use StudySmarter to make my flashcards because it has free inbuilt spaced repetition (unlike Quizlet). Past papers are useful, and mindmaps and flashcards are useful for case studies. I would recommend making revision resources for all of the topics, starting from least recent to most recent and then you can use them for when exams come about.
Reply 4
I find flashcards with key facts and processes are very helpful. I use StudySmarter to make my flashcards because it has free inbuilt spaced repetition (unlike Quizlet). Past papers are useful, and mindmaps and flashcards are useful for case studies. I would recommend making revision resources for all of the topics, starting from least recent to most recent and then you can use them for when exams come about.

i actually made flashcards and they got me a 9 on my october mocks !
i actually made flashcards and they got me a 9 on my october mocks !

Well done! How did you make your flashcards?
Reply 6
Well done! How did you make your flashcards?

sorry for the late reply. i made them online on remnote using the spec points as questions, and answering them using the CGP Guide, pmt online notes and my textbook !

Quick Reply

Latest