The Student Room Group

Captain Sir Tom Moore has died in hospital with covid-19

Scroll to see replies

RIP. This is in the wrong forum.
omg noooooooooo :bawling:
RIP

Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
RIP. This is in the wrong forum.

In fairness to the OP aside from the misuse of anon this looks like an error on the ask a question widget, clearly it thought captain tom moore sounded like john moores
:frown:
Reply 24
Original post by cardboardking
Man jetted off to Barbados in the middle of a pandemic, which the media wrongfully censored. He did great things but it is karma.
RIP.

Oh, **** off.

So what if he went to Barbados? It was at the beginning of December, after the second lockdown had ended and when there were no restrictions against it. Good on him for spending some of the last weeks of his life on a holiday with a his family, instead of being locked up home alone. I know how I would rather spend my last days.
Original post by CoolCavy
RIP

In fairness to the OP aside from the misuse of anon this looks like an error on the ask a question widget, clearly it thought captain tom moore sounded like john moores

Thank you Cavy for moving it to the right forum. 😊
Thank you Cavy for moving it to the right forum. 😊

Cant take credit for that one, someone's been ninja moving threads :ninja:
Rippppppppppppppppppp
Original post by CoolCavy
Cant take credit for that one, someone's been ninja moving threads :ninja:

Oh thought it was you. Sorry Boss 🙈

Up your game Cavyyyyy you’ve gotta to beat them! 😊
Original post by jackmarshal757
Yes he went on a trip to Barbados, you have a right to criticise. It was a bucket list trip for a man who was 100 years old and had fought and died for this country, in my opinion it’s the least that he can be awarded

No I agree. And despite my previous dig, I’m honestly saddened that he’s gone because the money that he raised and the effort he made was invaluable.
Original post by cardboardking
Man jetted off to Barbados in the middle of a pandemic, which the media wrongfully censored. He did great things but it is karma.
RIP.

you are a ghastly person.
Original post by rarat
No you **** off you prick :angry:

He took a risk travelling and he payed for it. That is how it works.

you are also appalling.
Original post by rarat
The ironic thing is if the nazis had win the war you would be calling them heroes and thanking them for saving you from the Jews.

It s amazing how thick stupid and narrow minded people are ehhh? Can't think for themselves at all.

But they didn’t win. They lost. And rightly so.

Merely pointing something out?

Why the hostility? Have I offended you? Are you having a bad day? Is you’re life meaningless and you feel the need to lash out?
Reply 33
Sad that he died, it's sad that anyone dies. .........but once you get to age 100, statistically you have a 60% chance every single year from then on of dying........so he likely would be dead within in a couple of years anyway statistically.

He had a good innings though. I think most people would be quite pleased to make it to 100..
Captain Moore was a great Englishman. We are the poorer for his passing.

RIP
Reply 35
Some live more then 100. This isn’t regarding his age.

Yeah but 100 is a pretty long run, can't be too upset with it. He's done more in the last year than I've done in 20.
It is so sad to hear this news. He was truly inspirtational and a legend. May is soul rest in peace.
RIP
What a life though eh?
Reply 39
RIP, poor chap. It even made the news out here but he had a good life and will go out a national hero! Hopefully it was a peaceful departure though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending