The Student Room Group

Covid 19 vaccine

Hi , would anyone know if you need to have Covid 19 vaccination to study medicine?
I am applying to study medicine 2025 and some school websites mentioning the Covid 19 vaccine even though there is no clear indication that it’s mandatory.
I am applying to Imperial, Kings , Ucl and Nottingham.
Would anyone know who applied to those universities or anywhere else if you need to be vaccinated.
Thank you
Well you'll certainly need other vaccines for medical school/to work as a doctor (hep B, MMR etc) so can't imagine it's a great issue to get one more if needed.

Not sure where you'd get it at this point if required?
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply . I have all the regular childhood vaccinations and have no issue to get the hepatitis b one. Just as there are lots of safety issues that now the doctors themselves are bringing out, I would prefer to not have the covid 19 vaccine at this moment as it will make no difference about transmitting the virus and I know people who had 3 shots and got sicker than someone who has not had the vaccine.
I only asked this question as some school mention this on their website as I was not sure is this information is old or it’s still relevant at the moment .
Reply 3
Original post by Daivy
Thank you for your reply . I have all the regular childhood vaccinations and have no issue to get the hepatitis b one. Just as there are lots of safety issues that now the doctors themselves are bringing out, I would prefer to not have the covid 19 vaccine at this moment as it will make no difference about transmitting the virus and I know people who had 3 shots and got sicker than someone who has not had the vaccine.
I only asked this question as some school mention this on their website as I was not sure is this information is old or it’s still relevant at the moment .

Have you found any recent information on this? I am wondering the same for nursing
Reply 4
Original post by morgij21
Have you found any recent information on this? I am wondering the same for nursing

Hi , end up calling the admissions teams at some of the universities I am planning to apply. At the UCL they say you don’t need the covid vaccine, at the Imperial you don’t need it as a student but some hospitals might require you to have it once you are actually start to work as a doctor and at the Kings college they say that they require students to have it but if you don’t you need to have a good explanation why you don’t have it. Maybe you should call the admissions teams on the universities you are planning to apply as I feel the websites about this particular issue are not updated.
Also I think as there is so many issues with this vaccine and it has caused lots of complications in younger people I don’t think they will make it mandatory as people are so much more now educated about it. Also as it doesn’t stop the spreading of the virus or stop you from getting severely sick . Lucky lots of doctors are now brining up the issues with this particular vaccine so hopefully they will not force this on anyone again.
Hope this was helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending