The Student Room Group

Personal Statements

Hi,
I have a major issue I desperately need help with. Am I allowed to use my personal statement from UCAS for other UK personal statements? I'm applying to them directly so as to give myself more options. Thanks!!
Just to be clear, I wrote the personal statement myself and am applying to UCAS and the other UK universities in the same cycle... just wanted to check because I read up that it's okay but someone told me it isn't and I'm just quite confused.
Usually applications are done through UCAS so this is an unusual question, but as long as you haven't posted it anywhere public I can't see a problem with it
Original post by Interrobang
Usually applications are done through UCAS so this is an unusual question, but as long as you haven't posted it anywhere public I can't see a problem with it

Great! thank you
Original post by Jenniferroset
Hi,
I have a major issue I desperately need help with. Am I allowed to use my personal statement from UCAS for other UK personal statements? I'm applying to them directly so as to give myself more options. Thanks!!

Hi @Jenniferroset are you applying through UCAS and directly for the same year of entry. I cannot speak for all universities but at USW we would a UCAS or direct application, we wouldn't consider both. If an applicant submits an application via UCAS and also applies directly, one of those applications is usually withdrawn. It's always worth checking with the universities you are applying to for clarification around what their process is. Thanks Carrie
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi @Jenniferroset are you applying through UCAS and directly for the same year of entry. I cannot speak for all universities but at USW we would a UCAS or direct application, we wouldn't consider both. If an applicant submits an application via UCAS and also applies directly, one of those applications is usually withdrawn. It's always worth checking with the universities you are applying to for clarification around what their process is. Thanks Carrie

Hi- no I’m not. I’m applying to 5 universities through UCAS and different ones directly.
Original post by Jenniferroset
Hi- no I’m not. I’m applying to 5 universities through UCAS and different ones directly.

If you've got an application through UCAS then universities are in breach of their UCAS contract if they accept applications from you directly (unless you're applying for a non-degree or part time course)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending