The Student Room Group

Official Mature Students 2021 University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bexsterrh22
Quite a few of the people on my access course have applied for healthcare courses and none have heard anything yet. I think they have a tendency to wait for the ucas deadline before they make any offers or rejections so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Thanks.
I was told they weren’t looking at any forms until the deadline had passed, but then someone on here says they had been given an offer in December so who knows!
Original post by aashcroft
Hi everyone!

I’m 35 and have applied to go back to uni (already have an English and History degree) but have been working as a Mammographer for 4 years for the NHS. I’ve applied to do Diagnostic Radiography at Salford, as it’s the closest to home and need to stay in Manchester for my children’s schools and husband’s job.
I submitted my UCAS form on the 1st of December and I haven’t heard anything back yet. Trying not to stress, but getting worried I’ll get a rejection!

Wow. That's a long wait. I only sent my application in deadline day 2 weeks ago and I was feeling optimistic about hearing back by the end of February. Perhaps I will have to readjust my expectations!
Original post by GeeTee86
Wow. That's a long wait. I only sent my application in deadline day 2 weeks ago and I was feeling optimistic about hearing back by the end of February. Perhaps I will have to readjust my expectations!

Same here!
Original post by GeeTee86

What have you applied for?
I’m hoping the delay is for any other reason rather than they don’t want me 😳
Original post by aashcroft
What have you applied for?
I’m hoping the delay is for any other reason rather than they don’t want me 😳

I have applied to study Adult Nursing. I think long waits are normal for this vocation.
Hey guys ! Have you heard back from St. George’s uni? Either an offer or rejection?
Original post by jenny2021
Hey guys ! Have you heard back from St. George’s uni? Either an offer or rejection?

I don't think it matters if someone else has heard back from them or not. It all depends on when you applied, what course you're applying for, competitiveness of the course and the individuals statement/qualifications.
Hi All,

I'm 44 and live in the United States. I have a BA in Psychology and Spanish (honors), MA in International Affairs, and recently re-took my sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, Statistics, and Microbiology) with the highest marks. I've been working as a doula and childbirth educator for 11 years since having my first child and have applied for midwifery courses in the UK. I submitted my UCAS in mid-December for Kingston, KCL, City, Univ of York, and Oxford Brookes. I had an interview with Kingston last Friday and felt good after it, but of course, I'm stressing now that I could have done so much better. I have an interview with City at the beginning of March and still haven't heard back from the other 3 universities. I'm starting to feel nervous about not having heard back from the other schools yet. I really hope I get at least one offer! I would much rather study and practice midwifery in the UK than in the United States :smile:.
hi guys! i just got an unconditional offer for my first choice uni! (CCCU) i only applied on the 29th and wasn't expecting to hear back so soon but i'm so happy right now!
I just got 5 unconditional offers for my 5 course choices at Stirling Uni! I'm over the moon!
Original post by kaza_mw
I just got 5 unconditional offers for my 5 course choices at Stirling Uni! I'm over the moon!

congrats! stirling is a beautiful place!
Original post by kaza_mw

Well done!
Original post by gdennant
congrats! stirling is a beautiful place!

Thank you! I went there as a school leaver, but had to leave with my certHE when I fell pregnant with my eldest. Now my kids are a little bit older, I can't wait to go back. It feels like I'm going home! 😍
Original post by kaza_mw
Thank you! I went there as a school leaver, but had to leave with my certHE when I fell pregnant with my eldest. Now my kids are a little bit older, I can't wait to go back. It feels like I'm going home! 😍

That's so wonderful!! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by kmaresca
That's so wonderful!! Congratulations :smile:

Thank you! 😊 x
Original post by Bexsterrh22
I'm going to jump on this because I've been made an offer by Hull for chem which I'm seriously considering making my firm choice. As a mature student who has no idea where her GCSE certs are because it's been 20 years, if they haven't asked for them as part of my conditional offer will I need them to enrol?

Hi Bexterrrh22,

Very well done on receiving your offer and amazing to know you're considering Hull as a firm! Generally, if your course requires you to have certain grades for admission then you might be asked to prove this during enrollment. However- looking at the Chemistry course online it doesn't state any GCSE requirements, just any other qualifications worth 112 UCAS points so you may not need them after all.
I would definitely recommend that you contact the admissions team to be sure ([email protected]) and if you're missing any important certificates that you need UCAS has some good resources on how to deal with this at:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-application/what-do-if-you-dont-have-copies-old-exam-certificates

Hope this helps!
Lizzy
University of Hull Student Rep
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by kaza_mw

Incredible. Well done!
It is really great to have so many mature students on the forum which encourages me a lot! I am 29 (will be 30 when my course starts in Sep) and will probably go to the University of Southampton. Good luck for all of you for your applications!
Original post by Philip-flop
Incredible. Well done!

Thank you! 😊
I'm nearly 42 and have applied for a healthcare course at 5 unis. I have had interview offers from 3 and another one has asked for my previous degree certs. Still one uni, I have heard nothing from. I think they had lots of applications around the deadline and so are working through them. They have until 20th May to make you an offer or reject your application. Feels like a long wait...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending