The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

MSc Economics and Finance

Hello,

I’ve been made an offer to study an MSc at King’s Business School for entry 2020. The MSc is Economics and Finance, but this master is new for 2020, so there aren’t reviews.
Has anyone else applied?
Do you think is good?
I’ve also been made an offer at Queen Mary for the MSc Finance and Econometrics. This master has more history, but the reputation of Queen Mary is not as KCL overall.
What would you do?

(Original post by tereza.vesela)
Hello, I made Kings Econ my firm choice and now Im doubting it. Could you refer to me a bit more about the course please? (maybe through email or facebook) Thank you very much.Tereza Vesela
Hi! I also applied to this course at King’s but I’m still waiting for an answer! Regarding your question I think it depends, if you want to study further economics and maybe do some research, I would go for queen mary. If you want to go into banking maybe Econ and finance is better! I applied to the course although I didn’t have a high 2:1... Could you tell me a bit about your educational background so I get an idea of my chances please?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hey. Have you started this course at KCL? I have my admission confirmed for the same for 2021.
Reply 3
Original post by Aniketp01
Hey. Have you started this course at KCL? I have my admission confirmed for the same for 2021.

Hi, may I know when you applied and when you received a reply? I have been waiting for around 10 weeks now and have not received a response.
Original post by hundopik
Hi, may I know when you applied and when you received a reply? I have been waiting for around 10 weeks now and have not received a response.

Hello. I applied around 31st of October I guess, right after the admissions for 2021 intake started, and I received the offer after 8 weeks. Another course of International Development for which I'd applied took around 10 weeks for them to reply. I've received a positive response for both the courses, but I will be going ahead with the Economics and Finance one. Give them some time, you'll get in considering they've taken 10 weeks now to look at your application!
Reply 5
Hello. I applied around 31st of October I guess, right after the admissions for 2021 intake started, and I received the offer after 8 weeks. Another course of International Development for which I'd applied took around 10 weeks for them to reply. I've received a positive response for both the courses, but I will be going ahead with the Economics and Finance one. Give them some time, you'll get in considering they've taken 10 weeks now to look at your application!

Hey aniket , i have also applied to this course and expecting to hear back from them this week. Are you planning to go for the course?
Original post by chillyf
Hey aniket , i have also applied to this course and expecting to hear back from them this week. Are you planning to go for the course?

Hey! Yes, my admission has been confirmed for the same. Let me know once you receive your offer :smile:
Reply 7
Hey! Yes, my admission has been confirmed for the same. Let me know once you receive your offer :smile:

hey were you able to get any feedbacks about this course. I couldn't find many reviews or alumnus
Original post by chillyf
hey were you able to get any feedbacks about this course. I couldn't find many reviews or alumnus

Can we connect over FB or IG? I can tell you more about this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9

hey, check your inbox!
Reply 10
Hi guys, I’ve been waiting for a decision on my application economics and finance msc for 16 weeks. Is it normal? Should I keep waiting or move on with other offers? Any thoughts?
Just accepted my offer for the programme, but only recently know that it is in fact a new programme starting in 2020. And last year the school was closed due to Covid. So does it mean that the coming year will be the first year they have physical class for this programme in the campus?
Original post by Abod788
Hi guys, I’ve been waiting for a decision on my application economics and finance msc for 16 weeks. Is it normal? Should I keep waiting or move on with other offers? Any thoughts?

Any joy? I only applied 10 weeks ago lol.
Been 16 weeks and 0 updates from KCL. Absolutely ridiculous.
Reply 14
Hi,I have a place at QMUL for MSc Finance and Econometrics, and am about to apply for kcl Msc Economics and Finance.What course did you do in the end? How did you find it? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey,

I have an offer for Kings for the 2022/2023 year. Could you please tell me how you found it at Kings? Which modules you took and which one you would recommend?
Original post by srishtibelki
Hey,

I have an offer for Kings for the 2022/2023 year. Could you please tell me how you found it at Kings? Which modules you took and which one you would recommend?

How long did it take to hear back? And are you home or international student?
Original post by Arpita_Jhawar
How long did it take to hear back? And are you home or international student?

Hey, I am a home student and Kings replied to me very quickly. I think under a month x
Original post by srishtibelki
Hey, I am a home student and Kings replied to me very quickly. I think under a month x

Wow!! Congratulations :smile:

Latest