The Student Room Group

guys like shy girls?

Why do guys like shy girls? Like I don’t get it I thought loud girls and the ones that are out there grab the attention of most guys and guys liked them. But then I read guys like shy girls lol Ik they have preferences but I’ve never read that’s a guy wants a loud girl but I did real that they generally like shy girls but when u get to know them they are chatty. Why do guys like shy girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChemBioPsych1335
Why do guys like shy girls? Like I don’t get it I thought loud girls and the ones that are out there grab the attention of most guys and guys liked them. But then I read guys like shy girls lol Ik they have preferences but I’ve never read that’s a guy wants a loud girl but I did real that they generally like shy girls but when u get to know them they are chatty. Why do guys like shy girls?

ummmm I like almost all kinda girls lol
Original post by sexual sadist
like to **** them

Erm... get a life
Original post by MMtrapzz
ummmm I like almost all kinda girls lol

Some people have a “type” lol so I was asking y they like shy people

Shyness in the long term is a form of modesty. When a female is boisterous, she portrays she has authority, but it doesn’t serve her well in the long term. People conform to the idea that loud girls can stick up for themselves, which maybe true compared to shy girls.

As a shy female myself, I can guarantee you that being shy has served me well as an individual regarding modesty. 😊

Hope that helps. 🙈
I prefer shy, polite girls but once we get to know each other, I expect her to be very open with me. But initially, yes, I prefer someone who's quiet and down to earth because I'm like that as well.

because im an introvert too and being with an extrovert can be very tiring.
Original post by Jaguar1200
because im an introvert too and being with an extrovert can be very tiring.

Not all introverts are shy though. Extroverts can have an essence of shyness embodied into them too.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Shyness in the long term is a form of modesty. When a female is boisterous, she portrays she has authority, but it doesn’t serve her well in the long term. People conform to the idea that loud girls can stick up for themselves, which maybe true compared to shy girls.

As a shy female myself, I can guarantee you that being shy has served me well as an individual regarding modesty. 😊

Hope that helps. 🙈

I’m a shy female aswell but I used to think that loud girls were the ones males liked because their personality just shone over every other girls ygm?

But being shy isn’t always bad is it, if u know when to speak and how to speak in a mannered way to make people listen to you then your fine. But sometimes it bothers me when people call me shy because I’ve heard it so much like... Ik I’m not the loudest AT FIRST, but once I get to know someone I am more open:smile: being seen as shy doesn’t bother me anymore bc I love the modesty behind it :smile:.

Also I’ve noticed that other girls would rather hang out with the loud girls than the quieter ones. Do girls prefer loud or shy guys?
(edited 3 years ago)
Not all introverts are shy though. Extroverts can have an essence of shyness embodied into them too.

Yeah introverted doesn't necessarily mean shy but I think extroverted means ... not shy. By definition, extroverted people put themselves out there, their emotions, their feelings, etc. You can't be shy and do that I think.
Some guys like shy girls,while others prefer more exuberant or highly opinionated super confident girls who are never short of conversation.
It can be a case of opposites attract.
Alternatively wanting to date a fellow bubbly extrovert/quiet introvert, simply being annoyed by loud people or considering too much chatter as a form of nuisance.

i know. but in my experience chatting up (platonically) and making friends with shy introverts always yields someone who is introverted and into the stuff i like, soo....
plus i dont dislike confident and energetic ladies, i just get intimidated and end up thinking that i wont entertain or interest them enough (despite ample evidence to disprove that). It's a work in progress, but yeah it answered OP's question :colondollar:
Original post by CatGentleman
Yeah introverted doesn't necessarily mean shy but I think extroverted means ... not shy. By definition, extroverted people put themselves out there, their emotions, their feelings, etc. You can't be shy and do that I think.

if you have social anxiety and are extroverted, you're f*cked (and yes they exist).
Original post by londonmyst
Some guys like shy girls,while others prefer more exuberant or highly opinionated super confident girls who are never short of conversation.
It can be a case of opposites attract.
Alternatively wanting to date a fellow bubbly extrovert/quiet introvert, simply being annoyed by loud people or considering too much chatter as a form of nuisance.

well put lol
Original post by Jaguar1200
if you have social anxiety and are extroverted, you're f*cked (and yes they exist).

How do they exist, not asking in a going against u way lol no just, how would an extrovert have social anxiety at the same time?
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m a shy female aswell but I used to think that loud girls were the ones males liked because their personality just shone over every other girls ygm?

But being shy isn’t always bad is it, if u know when to speak and how to speak in a mannered way to make people listen to you then your fine. But sometimes it bothers me when people call me shy because I’ve heard it so much like... Ik I’m not the loudest AT FIRST, but once I get to know someone I am more open:smile: being seen as shy doesn’t bother me anymore bc I love the modesty behind it :smile:.

Also I’ve noticed that other girls would rather hang out with the loud girls than the quieter ones. Do girls prefer loud or shy guys?

Exactly. Knowing when to speak and how to structure your sentence accordingly is key to communications. Being loud and boisterous I see just makes one noticeable but their attitudes don’t do them any favours.

Shyness is a form of beauty for a girl. It’s more preferred and as a female I’m glad I’ve got this modesty in me considering the way gen z is today.

Personally speaking, I prefer shy guys if anything. It helps me ease in when in conversation mode.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sexual sadist
like to **** them

lmaoo
Exactly. Knowing when to speak and how to structure your sentence accordingly is key to communications. Being loud and boisterous I see just makes one noticeable but their attitudes don’t do them any favours.

Shyness is a form of beauty for a girl. It’s more preferred and as a female I’m glad I’ve got this modesty in me considering the way gen z is today.

Personally speaking, I prefer shy guys if anything. It helps me ease in when in conversation mode.

Literally same! I’m not sure about what type of guys I like though.
Original post by ruski cyka
lmaoo

Not funny... Just disrespectful not tryna be a a part pooper but that’s nasty

Also could you please elaborate on the part where u said “I’m glad I’ve got this modesty in me considering the way gen z is today” I would actually love to hear what else u can say about this
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest