The Student Room Group

PGDE - Scotland 2021 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by Fergie67
Hi, sorry if this is too late, I'm only just seeing the post.

I interviewed for Aberdeen a few weeks ago and it was by far the best, most casual university interview I've had.

The interviewer was so lovely and made me feel comfortable.

My questions were:

1) Why do you want to be a teacher?

2) what's your idea of a perfect lesson?

3) what challenges will you face completing the PGDE?

Hope this helps and good luck.

Had my interview the other day and totally agree. The interviewer was lovely, didn’t get any horrible questions either.

Hope we hear back soon.
Original post by lucye97
I was checking my emails every hour! Such relief when I got an offer, is strathclyde your first choice? I assume that no news is good news at this point! x

Edinburgh is my first choice, but I will go to whichever one offers me a place! This is bloody torture!!! 🥵
Original post by Melissa Ellen
Edinburgh is my first choice, but I will go to whichever one offers me a place! This is bloody torture!!! 🥵

have you interviewed for Edinburgh? I still havent heard back from them even for an interview!
Original post by lucye97
have you interviewed for Edinburgh? I still havent heard back from them even for an interview!

Yes I have interviewed for edinburgh a couple of weeks ago. I think they will still be interviewing for a few weeks so best of luck 🤞🏻
I applied early January for Glasgow, Strathclyde and UWS for PGDE Primary. Have interviewed for Glasgow already and no interview for UWS. Still waiting to hear from strathclyde if I have an interview!! Wondered if anyone else was in the same position?
Original post by gemmul
I applied early January for Glasgow, Strathclyde and UWS for PGDE Primary. Have interviewed for Glasgow already and no interview for UWS. Still waiting to hear from strathclyde if I have an interview!! Wondered if anyone else was in the same position?

I applied middle January and have had an interview for UWS but hadn't heard from Glasgow or Strathclyde. It sounds like the applications are not being looking at in a strict chronological order - perhaps they are reviewed in batches. I think we can all expect to hear any day now! I imagine most university staff will be taking the Easter fortnight off and there would be a push to at least have all interviews scheduled by end of March?
I am finding it so hard to think about anything else right now!
Original post by TheosMammy
I applied middle January and have had an interview for UWS but hadn't heard from Glasgow or Strathclyde. It sounds like the applications are not being looking at in a strict chronological order - perhaps they are reviewed in batches. I think we can all expect to hear any day now! I imagine most university staff will be taking the Easter fortnight off and there would be a push to at least have all interviews scheduled by end of March?
I am finding it so hard to think about anything else right now!

Thanks so much for your reply! Good to know when someone else is still waiting too!! I hope you hear soon from them 😊
Original post by lucye97
Thank you! My interview was the 29th of January so I waited for quite a while to find out! Its such a horrible wait isn't it, I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:

That is indeed quite a wait! I have an offer for Glasgow already, so could be worse. Good luck!
Reply 1128
Has anyone accepted their offer from UWS and received the PVG?I received a conditional offer with the conditions being proof of degree and obtaining a PVG. So I sent my documents off straight away but haven’t received the PVG forms. I withdrew from other choices to accept UWS because they were my first choice but now the fear is creeping in as it’s not 100% firm. I shouldn’t have any issues with the conditions but the wait just makes you question everything!!
I received an offer from Aberdeen university last night for secondary PGDE. I am so happy and relieved as it was my only choice! seemed like I was waiting forever, for any correspondence on UCAS.
Original post by GemCats
I received an offer from Aberdeen university last night for secondary PGDE. I am so happy and relieved as it was my only choice! seemed like I was waiting forever, for any correspondence on UCAS.

Congratulations!! When did you interview? The waiting is a killer honestly 😅
Original post by lcairns101
Congratulations!! When did you interview? The waiting is a killer honestly 😅

Thank you! I had my interview on 18th February. I feel your pain, the waiting is agonising, they do not make it easy do they?
Original post by K2121
Has anyone accepted their offer from UWS and received the PVG?I received a conditional offer with the conditions being proof of degree and obtaining a PVG. So I sent my documents off straight away but haven’t received the PVG forms. I withdrew from other choices to accept UWS because they were my first choice but now the fear is creeping in as it’s not 100% firm. I shouldn’t have any issues with the conditions but the wait just makes you question everything!!

Hi, I am in the same boat, I accepted an offer from UWS on the condition of proof of degree etc. but I have not received any confirmation about them having the documents or confirming my place. I couldn't find a contact number for admissions anywhere so I have emailed them. I wouldn't worry too much if you have accepted the offer, they have to abide by that according to the rules on UCAS.
I am on the process of getting my Nat5 with Aberdeen too! Are you looking for a study buddy?Good luck with your applications!
Original post by lbarr10
I plan on applying for 2021 but it all depends on a few things getting sorted out. The council I work for has my hob down as a cut for next year but not sure when it will actually happen.

I hope to apply to Glasgow, Strathclyde and UWS for the Hamilton campus.

I work in a high school so will probably use my depute as a reference - I work with her on primary transition projects.

I have been out of uni for 12 years and have a 2:1 honours degree and a PGDip, I have also just signed up for the Access to Maths course with Aberdeen University as need my Nat 5.

What is everyone else's background?

Hi!
I am currently studying for the Nat5 with Aberdeen too! Have you done the exam? Are in need of a study buddy?

Good luck with your applications!
Original post by GemCats

Congratulations that’s amazing!! I have an interview for Aberdeen secondary today and just praying it goes well haha! What subject are you doing?
Reply 1136
Aw that’s good to hear we’re in the same boat. Hopefully we get confirmation soon! I emailed ‘ask’ as well and they got back to me to confirm my documents.
Original post by claremitch
Congratulations that’s amazing!! I have an interview for Aberdeen secondary today and just praying it goes well haha! What subject are you doing?

I am doing secondary English. Good luck with your interview
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by MMonteir0
Hi!
I am currently studying for the Nat5 with Aberdeen too! Have you done the exam? Are in need of a study buddy?

Good luck with your applications!

Hi! I sat the exam last year and applied for PGDE primary this year. However, just to warn you at the time I applied on UCAS there was no option to include the course on our qualifications, instead, we were advised to clearly state we had undertaken the course in our personal statement. ( as it is only equivalent to Nat5 not the same as the official SQA one). I clearly stated I had undertaken the course and achieved an A... and still got rejected from Glasgow as I had "omitted qualifications" for maths ...which is untrue. I am currently emailing them now to ensure this does not happen to other students. If you have any questions about the Aberdeen course let me know!
Original post by K2121

I think the PVG is something that gets done nearer the time of starting, I wouldn’t worry 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending