The Student Room Group

tests at end of year

i do wjec so there are only a few past papers for the current spec, is there any point in doing previous spec papers if the tests are going to be current spec past papers with a few changes?
I do wjec too and the majority of the old spec ppqs are basically the same as the new spec, just worded slightly differently. It depends on what subjects you're doing but the extra practice wouldn't hurt if you think it'll help boost your grade up or better your understanding. Their question bank also shows a lot of the old spec questions so they're definitely still relevant
Reply 2
Original post by mangobear176
I do wjec too and the majority of the old spec ppqs are basically the same as the new spec, just worded slightly differently. It depends on what subjects you're doing but the extra practice wouldn't hurt if you think it'll help boost your grade up or better your understanding. Their question bank also shows a lot of the old spec questions so they're definitely still relevant

ahh thank u!! i do bio chem and maths and i feel like if i focus on perfecting the newer papers that would be used would be better than doing older spec papers that definitely wont come up if you get me? since we're using modified current spec past papers for the tests
Original post by Scfleads
ahh thank u!! i do bio chem and maths and i feel like if i focus on perfecting the newer papers that would be used would be better than doing older spec papers that definitely wont come up if you get me? since we're using modified current spec past papers for the tests

No probs and yeah I completely get that, but maybe a mixture of both perfecting the newer and attempting the older would work better? I do maths too and the questions are soooo similar, so it's definitely worthwhile trying a few of the old spec for that. I can't really speak for the other subjects but they can only modify the current spec so much, considering they haven't really changed the content of the course
Reply 4
Original post by mangobear176
No probs and yeah I completely get that, but maybe a mixture of both perfecting the newer and attempting the older would work better? I do maths too and the questions are soooo similar, so it's definitely worthwhile trying a few of the old spec for that. I can't really speak for the other subjects but they can only modify the current spec so much, considering they haven't really changed the content of the course

Ahhh yes tysm!!! :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest