The Student Room Group

teacher refusing to give me a predicted grade one above my scores

so over the past year i've been performing well in bio getting consistent A's in unit tests and even an A* on one of them. however, my teacher says that there isnt enough evidence to predict me an A*? i dont get it. "Hi Suraat, I need to see an exam result which is at least an A to be able to predict an A*. A*s in A Level Sciences are very hard to achieve, no students got an A* last year." this i dont understand because you cant achieve an A* in AS so im assuming he's talking about the yr 13s but all my uni options require at least one A* and i was really banking on bio. he says i have to sit a resit for bio in about a week even though i did good on the end of years. my reason for not wanting to sit the test is simply because i've got to sit a resit for for my maths and chem with the next week to bump those to an A but him wanting me to sit another test is just too stressful for me and since im an early applicant i need to perform on that test or else he might even lower my predicted. any advice on if i should ask again or just do the test?
Reply 1
Original post by Captainsamurai
so over the past year i've been performing well in bio getting consistent A's in unit tests and even an A* on one of them. however, my teacher says that there isnt enough evidence to predict me an A*? i dont get it. "Hi Suraat, I need to see an exam result which is at least an A to be able to predict an A*. A*s in A Level Sciences are very hard to achieve, no students got an A* last year." this i dont understand because you cant achieve an A* in AS so im assuming he's talking about the yr 13s but all my uni options require at least one A* and i was really banking on bio. he says i have to sit a resit for bio in about a week even though i did good on the end of years. my reason for not wanting to sit the test is simply because i've got to sit a resit for for my maths and chem with the next week to bump those to an A but him wanting me to sit another test is just too stressful for me and since im an early applicant i need to perform on that test or else he might even lower my predicted. any advice on if i should ask again or just do the test?

Your teacher is right - schools get known for over-predicting. Your other grades are also lower than you want so you need to be more realistic. There's no point having an offer for grades you aren't going to get and end up in clearing.
Original post by Captainsamurai

If you want the prediction, you have to sit the test and get a good grade. it serves no-one to just gift high grade predictions.
Original post by Muttley79
Your teacher is right - schools get known for over-predicting. Your other grades are also lower than you want so you need to be more realistic. There's no point having an offer for grades you aren't going to get and end up in clearing.

thank u for the response i'll try my best on the test and seen if can get another A to get the predicted score up.

Quick Reply

Latest