The Student Room Group

Missed A level mock

I missed a year 12 mock of mine because I was really ill and couldn't go in. I had a doctor's appointment the next day and asked for a sick note but was told that they only gave those out for employees and that an appointment card should be enough. I emailed my lead tutor a few days ago but haven't got a response yet. I'm scared that I'll be told to drop the subject as I don't think they let you give re-sits (but I'm not entirely sure). I really want to continue the subject onto year 13 but I'm scared I might not be able to because of this. When deciding if you can continue a subject onto second year, I believe they look at end of topic tests as well, but mine haven't been great for that subject (as it's psychology and lots of people throughout the year got Ds in the topic tests). Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by srb_16
I missed a year 12 mock of mine because I was really ill and couldn't go in. I had a doctor's appointment the next day and asked for a sick note but was told that they only gave those out for employees and that an appointment card should be enough. I emailed my lead tutor a few days ago but haven't got a response yet. I'm scared that I'll be told to drop the subject as I don't think they let you give re-sits (but I'm not entirely sure). I really want to continue the subject onto year 13 but I'm scared I might not be able to because of this. When deciding if you can continue a subject onto second year, I believe they look at end of topic tests as well, but mine haven't been great for that subject (as it's psychology and lots of people throughout the year got Ds in the topic tests). Does anyone have any advice?

They're not going to force you to drop a subject just because you were ill for an exam in year 12. When assessing your ability, they look at whatever other information they have available to them - which they'll clearly need to do now to come up with your predicted grade. However, they might be concerned that your end of topic tests "haven't been great for that subject".

How many A levels are you taking? Some schools start everyone doing 4 with a plan to drop the weaker one. Is that's the case here, then maybe you should drop it? Why do you "really want to continue the subject onto year 13" if you're struggling with it?

However, if your doing three then dropping one would be nonsensical, and I really can't image they'd encourage / force you to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending