The Student Room Group

I seem to be getting worse, even though I revise more

I normally revise for all end of year topics for my subjects, but it seems that this year even though I am doing more revision, I do worse. I used to get between 80-95% on most test's in the AS year, but this year, even though I am revising more for my end of topic tests, I am only getting between 70-80% on the couple of test's I have done. That's not to say that AS and A2 should be the same difficulty, but it is just so annoying seeing myself put in more effort when I get less out. I do a pack of PMT exam questions a day leading up to an exam and watch videos on any topics I don't understand whilst revising key definitions and concepts using flashcards. What am I doing wrong? Do I just stop revising as much?
Original post by Anonymous
I normally revise for all end of year topics for my subjects, but it seems that this year even though I am doing more revision, I do worse. I used to get between 80-95% on most test's in the AS year, but this year, even though I am revising more for my end of topic tests, I am only getting between 70-80% on the couple of test's I have done. That's not to say that AS and A2 should be the same difficulty, but it is just so annoying seeing myself put in more effort when I get less out. I do a pack of PMT exam questions a day leading up to an exam and watch videos on any topics I don't understand whilst revising key definitions and concepts using flashcards. What am I doing wrong? Do I just stop revising as much?

For most subjects those percentages will still work out as a high grade, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. AS tests are shorter and you have spent way longer learning AS content than you have in A2 so it is likely more a matter of time. I would consider what you are focusing your revision on, spend more time on the stuff you are losing marks on. It is also important to know why you are losing marks, and you should spend time figuring out what you need to do to improve.

Another thing to consider is the quality and quantity of revision. After revising for a certain period of time (it obviously varies from person to person) you will become tired which means you will not get as much out of it and you should consider taking rests. Taking rests is productive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending