The Student Room Group

Cat 6 fraud marker filed by Lloyds Bank

I was issued with a cat 6 fraud marker on my name and have been told this last 6 years. What is the best thing to do as I feel as if I’ve been scammed and then thrown of the face of the earth being unable to open any sort of account to put my wages in. I have 3 sources of income and have no where to be paid now (currently using my mums bank account) doing something for a so called friend has left me bankless for 6 years and I really don’t understand why the price I have to pay is 6 years. My whole life is going to pass me by with no bank account, I don’t understand the need to stop someone getting money for 6 years for something they thought was the right & helpful thing to do. Any suggestions? As long as I can put all my money back into my own account and start getting paid I really don’t care. I’ll have to wait out for another 5 years (I’ll only be 26 with no current account😂)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Josh_morts
My whole life is going to pass me by with no bank account

Only got six years to live huh?
Reply 2
I don’t understand the need to stop someone getting money for 6 years for something they thought was the right & helpful thing to do.

What was this right and helpful thing you did...?
Reply 3
Original post by Quady
Only got six years to live huh?

Want to buy a house and have 3 different incomes I need to be paid, this cifas **** is a joke😂 rather be locked up
Reply 4
Original post by Quady
What was this right and helpful thing you did...?

Client I had for over 6 months asked me to get a couple of grand out, didn’t know the reference or anything. Stupidly got the money out and was told the money was fraudulent. Bit unfair tbh, doing a favour and as a young lad with no experience or education on fraud, cifas and money laundering, I think it’s a bit unfair.
Reply 5
Client I had for over 6 months asked me to get a couple of grand out, didn’t know the reference or anything. Stupidly got the money out and was told the money was fraudulent. Bit unfair tbh, doing a favour and as a young lad with no experience or education on fraud, cifas and money laundering, I think it’s a bit unfair.

Your explanation doesn't make much sense, but it appears you were 20, so not a 'young lad', responsible enough to have a job if you had a client, and had signed up for a bank account that states you agree to the terms and conditions of its operation...
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
Your explanation doesn't make much sense, but it appears you were 20, so not a 'young lad', responsible enough to have a job if you had a client, and had signed up for a bank account that states you agree to the terms and conditions of its operation...

If 20 isn’t young then I don’t know what is.
Reply 7
If 20 isn’t young then I don’t know what is.

It's young, but you are an adult at that age.
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
It's young, but you are an adult at that age.

Cool, cheers for the help.
Reply 9
I was issued with a cat 6 fraud marker on my name and have been told this last 6 years. What is the best thing to do as I feel as if I’ve been scammed and then thrown of the face of the earth being unable to open any sort of account to put my wages in. I have 3 sources of income and have no where to be paid now (currently using my mums bank account) doing something for a so called friend has left me bankless for 6 years and I really don’t understand why the price I have to pay is 6 years. My whole life is going to pass me by with no bank account, I don’t understand the need to stop someone getting money for 6 years for something they thought was the right & helpful thing to do. Any suggestions? As long as I can put all my money back into my own account and start getting paid I really don’t care. I’ll have to wait out for another 5 years (I’ll only be 26 with no current account😂)

Using your mum's account opens her up to having her account closed.
Reply 10
Original post by IWMTom
Using your mum's account opens her up to having her account closed.

Been using for 2 years, completely fine. Stop with the fake news
Reply 11
Been using for 2 years, completely fine. Stop with the fake news

You clearly haven't learned from your CIFAS marker one bit.

Using your mum's account is a violation of the Terms and Conditions. It's a KYC and anti money laundering nightmare.
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't understand what happened. Did you lend someone some cash? I think that is ok to do isn't it?
Reply 13
Original post by IWMTom
You clearly haven't learned from your CIFAS
Using your mum's account is a violation of the Terms and Conditions. It's a KYC and anti money laundering nightmare.

I’ve got no where else to put my money? I can’t get a bank account 😂😂 can’t just not get paid because I got a couple of grand out for my mate and didn’t know it was frauded money. I got nothing from it, it’s so ****. Surely it would be better if you reoffend knowingly then you get a long term prison sentence? First time doing something with no clue what I was actually doing was wrong and I’ve got no bank. It’s pathetic and very frustrating. I pay my taxes and keep my money till I can open an account, what else can I do😂 I’ve practically been ****ed in the *********.
Reply 14
Original post by Kutie Karen
I don't understand what happened. Did you lend someone some cash? I think that is ok to do isn't it?

A client of mine who I become quite close with over the months asked me to get a couple of grand out, I said yes after cutting his hair as I had nothing else to do. I didn’t know the reference or anything at the time and I got the money out and then I was notified that the money he sent me was fraudulent. It’s frustrating but I live with it and worse things could happen. I’ve reported to action fraud and pleaded my innocence but Lloyds were having none of it. Telling the truth to them doesn’t get you anywhere.
Reply 15
I’ve got no where else to put my money? I can’t get a bank account 😂😂 can’t just not get paid because I got a couple of grand out for my mate and didn’t know it was frauded money. I got nothing from it, it’s so ****. Surely it would be better if you reoffend knowingly then you get a long term prison sentence? First time doing something with no clue what I was actually doing was wrong and I’ve got no bank. It’s pathetic and very frustrating. I pay my taxes and keep my money till I can open an account, what else can I do😂 I’ve practically been ****ed in the *********.

It's an important lesson in finance, no?
You do have options like prepaid cards.
A client of mine who I become quite close with over the months asked me to get a couple of grand out, I said yes after cutting his hair as I had nothing else to do. I didn’t know the reference or anything at the time and I got the money out and then I was notified that the money he sent me was fraudulent. It’s frustrating but I live with it and worse things could happen. I’ve reported to action fraud and pleaded my innocence but Lloyds were having none of it. Telling the truth to them doesn’t get you anywhere.

Oh I see. I thought you lent him some money to help him out. It sounds like a terrible situation to be in.:frown: Did he give you a cheque or something to pay into your account? What did your clients say to you when he asked you do this?
CIFAS isn't there to punish you, it's to protect lenders from you, and you are an utter liability as a customer. You are 100% placing your mums account at risk as well (fraud staff caught you and yr pal quick enough before right? Why assume they're suddenly deaf, dumb & blind now?)
Get revolut bank
Reply 19
Original post by StriderHort
CIFAS isn't there to punish you, it's to protect lenders from you, and you are an utter liability as a customer. You are 100% placing your mums account at risk as well (fraud staff caught you and yr pal quick enough before right? Why assume they're suddenly deaf, dumb & blind now?)

Not my pal anymore bud, he’s a fraud and he’s being dealt with and he’s done me over. A bit of help wouldn’t go a miss, you telling me that is pointless and you’ve probably got better things to be doing on a Friday night.

Quick Reply

Latest